Housekeeper - Environmental
Posted on: January 27, 2023
DescriptionPeaceHealth is seeking a Environmental Service
Attendant I for a Part Time, 0.60 FTE, Evening position.Hourly
compensation is $15.41 - $26.80 hiring rate dependent on
qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of
Collective Bargaining AgreementMust be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose
series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.JOB
SUMMARYThis position is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing
rooms, floors, fixtures and furnishings in assigned work area
following established policies and procedures. Also, responsible
for performing other miscellaneous housekeeping duties such as
replenishing supplies.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensure that assigned areas are cleaned and disinfected
according to departmental procedures. This may include dusting;
mopping; vacuuming; spot cleaning carpets; washing walls, ceilings,
furniture and fixtures; emptying trash; restocking supplies;
washing and making beds.
- May set up furniture in conference rooms.
- Maintain housekeeping cart, restock paper receptacles, replace
sharps containers, and orders supplies essential to the job. Clean
and store equipment properly.
- Respond to emergency cleaning needs or housekeeping requires in
a timely manner.
- In clinical areas, communicate with clinical personnel to
determine priority of cleaning needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualification
- Minimum of one year formal housekeeping experience
- Experience in hospital or healthcare setting preferred.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic computer skillsREGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTESUGMC:
- Driving is not a part of duties, drivers license is not
requiredUNITED GENERAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34% to 65% of the
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor
ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure
to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may
include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled
linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close
attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental
Services Floor Technician assignment; Safeguards are based on
assignment and may include eye, face and hand protection, safety
shoes and ergonomically correct procedures related to lifting,
pushing and pulling.See how PeaceHealth is committed to
Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility
.PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our
caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual.
We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards
package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are
full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer
base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life
and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options;
tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits,
and expanded EAP and mental health program.For full consideration
of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with
your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in
accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.REQNUMBER:
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Vancouver , Housekeeper - Environmental, Hospitality & Tourism , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!