Branch Manager, Retail Banking (Vancouver, WA)
Company: HomeStreet Bank
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Branch Manager, Retail Banking (Vancouver, WA) page is loaded
Branch Manager, Retail Banking (Vancouver, WA) Apply locations
HomeStreet - WA - Vancouver - 2100 SE 164th Avenue time type Full
time posted on Posted 16 Days Ago job requisition id R0007624
Salary Range:$59,200.00 - $94,700.00 (Depending on knowledge,
skills, abilities and location. Certain level jobs may be eligible
for bonus, commission, and/or equity awards.) Benefits worth
writing home about:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their
- Life, disability and family Leave
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with employer match
- Wellness program, employee assistance program, "Commute Trip
Reduction" (CTR) and various employee discounts -
- Generous vacation, sick leave, 11 paid holidays, and 16 hours
of paid leave every year for community service work
- Free employee checking account and employee home loan discounts
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled. Qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance
with legal requirements. If you are a California resident, you may
be entitled to certain rights regarding your personal information,
which is information that identifies, relates to, or could
reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or
household. - Additional information about our data collection
practices and location specific notices is available on our privacy
policy Job Description Summary POSITION SUMMARY: The primary
responsibility of the Branch Manager is to maximize the
profitability of the branch and to lead the branch team in creating
a culture of excellence in service and operations. Profitability is
achieved through customer acquisition, retention and referrals to
business partners. This position develops and executes a strategic
plan that includes sales production, marketing and community
involvement along with staff coaching and development. The Branch
Manager actively makes outside sales calls that are results
oriented. Effectively manages and grows a book of business, takes a
leadership role within the community including sponsorship of and
participation in community events. This position is responsible for
the branch budget, operations, audits, compliance, security and
safety. The Branch Manager will build, lead and develop their
branch team so that our clients will know HomeStreet as the trusted
provider and preferred source of financial services. Job Details
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Sales Leadership
- Develop and execute integrated sales, relationship and
community strategies that are aligned with the branch's business
plan and that grow the customer base. Strategies include but are
not limited to cold/appointment calls, outbound telephone calls, in
person meetings, business networking and participation in branch
and community events. May conduct educational seminars.
- Research branch market area to create and implement effective
sales techniques which will generate additional new accounts and
- Develop and coach branch team profiling and sales skills while
ensuring high product knowledge.
- Implement tactical plans to actively call on new and
prospective customers, exploring needs and cross-selling bank
products and services.
- Ensure branch team is actively profiling customers in order to
understand their complete financial picture and to identify
opportunities to deepen our relationship.
- Identify clients who are not profitable and manage the
relationship to be a more profitable one.
- Work with the Customer Service Supervisor to establish sales
goals for branch team.
- Work closely with other business lines to partner in joint
marketing plans and cross-selling efforts.
- Sources Small business credit opportunities and facilitates
- Coaches team to participation in initiating quality
Relationship Referrals to partner business lines
- Leads branch team to identifying and processing Consumer
loansCustomer Service/Retention Activities
- Creates a warm, welcoming and friendly experience for all
customers and employees. Models exemplary customer service
qualities demonstrating a positive, can-do attitude and customer
first culture. Responsible for overseeing efficient lobby
management and in building a trusting, seamless and superior branch
experience for customers.
- Works with staff to generate ways to pleasantly surprise
customers, differentiating the bank from competitors.
- Proactively educates customers on utilizing available access
- Assists customers with account servicing needs and resolves
difficult customer issues with diplomacy.
- Conducts care calls with consumer and business clients to
- May process transactions and account maintenance activities
including processing daily transactions, opening a cash drawer,
balancing the ATM, Wire Transfers, and/or acting as a back-up for
the vault banker. Serves as a resource for complex account
servicing needs.Management Activities
- Hires and develops quality staff ensuring proper skills and
staffing levels to ensure the highest level of customer service.
Quickly resolves issues of non-performance including termination in
accordance with HomeStreet's policies and procedures.
- Conducts annual performance and compensation reviews for direct
- Ensures all employee related actions comply with HSB policies
and procedures as well as all employment laws and regulations.
- Provides coaching to the staff on the day-to-day operations of
the branch as needed.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring that all staff are trained
in sales and service techniques. Models sales process skills and
- Monitors and tracks sales and service performance of staff
making adjustments as necessary.
- Holds regular staff meetings and communicates regularly with
staff about the banks' strategic vision including customer
- Oversees branch facility management such as maintenance,
repairs, remodeling and branch security.
- Educates and guides branch staff to appropriate escalation
- Promotes core deposit growth through creation and management of
in branch sales promotions.
- Operate within the annual branch budget and revenue projections
during the year, communicating goals to staff.
- Determine guidelines for rejects/returns within the branch
operation application based on parameters set by retail leadership.
May support staff with risk assessment decisions and determine
rejects/returns utilizing defined approval authority.
- Ultimately accountable for branch performance on audits and
compliance with established bank operating procedures and
- Partners with Customer Service Supervisor in the completion of
monthly audits.Community Relations Activities
- Develop and implement a community relations plan in partnership
with the Community Relations and Marketing Departments. Emphasis
will be on leadership opportunities with CRA focused
- Work with the Marketing Department to plan and coordinate
branch events. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum five years' experience in a bank branch environment as
an Assistant Branch Manager, Business Development Officer, Customer
Service Supervisor, Branch Manager, or equivalent. -
- Strong business and financial acumen including the ability to
asses and manage risk. Proven history of negotiation and
- BS/BA degree in business/management related field or equivalent
- Proven sales results and sales management skills. Demonstrated
skill in soliciting business for bank deposit products and
services. Ability to identify client needs, present banking
solutions and bank products. Proven ability to retain existing
customers and develop new customer relationships.
- Professional staff development, performance management,
training, and employee counseling skills are required. Proven
ability to lead and develop a team.
- Strong people relations skills and ability to work with
employees and customers in a cooperative manner. Excellent
- Ability to make decisions, research and solve problems, work
independently, and manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledgeable of changes in the banking industry and in banking
- Ability to embrace and facilitate change, caused by customer
demands, corporate needs, or regulatory requirements.
- Local travel required. Valid driver's license, vehicle, and
liability insurance required.This Position Description may not be
limited to the Functions and Requirements as outlined, now or in
the future. For example, changes in corporate needs, position
demands, or individual performance may result in changes to the
Functions or Requirements of this position. Area Retail Banking
(Sales) If you are a California resident, you may be entitled to
certain rights regarding your personal information. Additional
information about our data collection practices and location
Are - Founded in 1921, HomeStreet Bank offers consumer and business
banking, mortgage financing, commercial lending, investment and
insurance products and services in the Pacific Northwest,
California and Hawaii. We maintain a shared goal across teams and
regions to be the trusted and preferred source of financial
services for our clients.Our drive to achieve this goal begins with
trust - in our own abilities and in those who we work with each
day. At HomeStreet, we respect and empower our employees to make
decisions that support innovation, and deliver results for
customers. Employees collaborate across teams to make the right
decisions, share knowledge, continually move forwards and grow.We
believe in promoting from within to deliver the strongest base of
company knowledge, shared experience. And understanding about how
our company has grown and evolved since its founding in 1921. Our
teams reflect motivation, caring and a drive to achieve while
having fun and supporting the communities where we live and work.
This is how we deliver value every day. Work Culture As a rapidly
expanding company, HomeStreet offers many opportunities to learn
and grow. Throughout a period of dramatic growth, we have preserved
the tradition of working in cross-functional project teams and
promoting advancement across the company. Whether your interest
lies in the banking or lending aspects of our business, if you have
a desire to learn, are enthusiastic, perform quality work and have
a passion for customer service, you will thrive in this fast paced
and fun environment where people respect and help each other.
Diversity and Inclusion Diversity - HomeStreet is committed to a
diverse workplace with employees from a wide range of backgrounds.
We recognize that a more diverse workforce translates to broader
perspective and greater understanding, which in turn translates to
a greater capacity for customer service. We focus on recruiting and
retaining employees from different backgrounds and who are
representative of the people in our communities. By doing so, we
are better able to serve our customers and understand their
financial services needs and goals. Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental HomeStreet belief. We
practice fair and equal treatment for everyone, regardless of race,
color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, political
ideology, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or the
presence, history or perception of having any sensory, mental or
physical disability, genetic information, or protected veteran
status. In addition, we ensure compliance with federal, state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This
philosophy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Employing Individuals with Disabilities HomeStreet embraces the
American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local
laws providing for nondiscrimination in employment against
qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have any difficulty
using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a
disability, you may use the alternative email address below to
contact us about your interest in employment with HomeStreet Bank:
Recruiting@homestreet.com. Come Grow With Us For more than 100
years, HomeStreet Bank has maintained a strong commitment to
ethics, customer service and support of our communities. Building
trust with our customers and employees is at the core of everything
we do, and we're looking for talented and motivated people to join
us as we grow and evolve as a company.We are an equal opportunity
employer with a commitment to employee development. We continually
aim to build and maintain a successful team of talented people who
feel challenged to do their best every day. We hire for potential,
support personal development, and whenever possible, promote from
within.We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and incentives with
the opportunity to give back to the community. Whether you're just
beginning your career in financial services, or have years of
experience, we have a wide range of job opportunities for you to
Keywords: HomeStreet Bank, Vancouver , Branch Manager, Retail Banking (Vancouver, WA), Hospitality & Tourism , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...