Management & Sales Training Program
Company: The Sherwin-Williams Company
Posted on: May 26, 2023
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow, and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
At Sherwin-Williams, part of our mission is to help our employees and their families live healthier, save smarter and feel better. This starts with a wide range of world-class benefits designed for you. From retirement to health care, from total well-being to your daily commute-it matters to us. A general description of benefits offered can be found at www.myswbenefits.com. Click on "Candidates" to view benefit offerings that you may be eligible for if you are hired as a Sherwin-Williams employee.
The Sherwin-Williams Management & Sales Training Program is an accelerated, entry-level position designed to prepare you for a Store Management role in 18-24 months. With Sherwin-Williams' promote-from-within philosophy, you will have the opportunity to progress into an Assistant Store Manager position upon successful completion of the initial 6-8-week training.
During the program, you will partner with store leadership to oversee a million-dollar business, providing leadership and insight into the development and strategy of that store. Through the course of the program, you will learn all operations, clients, and internal strategy, allowing you to understand the significant part you'll play in the team's success. You will grow the company's market share by selling to large, commercial users such as painting contractors, purchasing agents, manufacturers, and other commercial users who need large volumes of our high-quality products.
Our training experience provides you with all the skills necessary for a successful career in management and professional sales. After you complete the training program, you can count on a career trajectory with a clear beginning and an open end - meaning you shape your future!
What you will gain:
Limitless Career Opportunities
* This structured program provides the support you need, including formal discussions to review your objectives & development Leadership Development
* You'll develop the foundation for what it takes to become a successful leader in our organization
* We'll teach you how to excel at customer service, sales and marketing, finance, and operations Professional Networking
* You will also get out into the community and establish relationships essential to growing our business - and your success
OUR MUST HAVES - Hit apply if you meet all of them!
* Be 18 years of age or older
* Possess a valid Driver's License.
* Be legally authorized to work in country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future.
* Possess a bachelor's degree or currently enrolled and within two semesters of graduating
* Be willing and able to work all scheduled hours which may include evenings and weekends.
* Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. for short distances. (Think a large bag of dog food!)
* Must be able to operate material handling equipment safely once trained.
* Must be able to distinguish the difference between colors, a skill used when color matching paint.
EXTRAS TO HELP YOU STAND OUT - These are not required for you to be eligible to apply, but don't be afraid to brag about any of the following:
* Prior work experience in sales, leadership or customer service
* Willingness to relocate for this role as well as future roles
* Ability to speak more than one language fluently; Spanish preferred
* Extracurricular experiences (such as team sports, school newspaper, etc..)
* Active military experience
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case and will impact where actual compensation may fall within the stated wage range. The wage range listed for this role takes into account the wide range of factors considered in making compensation decisions including skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled.
The wage range, other compensation, and benefits information listed is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.Primary Location:United States-Oregon-PORTLANDWork Locations:USA OR Portland Office12725 SW 66th AvenueSuite 100Portland97223
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Keywords: The Sherwin-Williams Company, Vancouver , Management & Sales Training Program, Hospitality & Tourism , Vancouver, Washington
here to apply!