Posted on: April 10, 2021
We are looking for a Recruiting Assistant to join the Penske
Northwest Area team. This role will report to the Area Human
Resources Manager and will partner with the Recruiting and hiring
teams. The Recruiting Assistant will work closely with candidates
throughout the interview process and will be a brand ambassador for
Penske to the talent market.
The ideal candidate will bring an energy, passion, and enthusiasm
for speaking to Penske as a brand and an employer of choice to our
external talent market. You will work in a fast paced and fun, team
environment where it is crucial for you to be service oriented,
organized, and able to meet deadlines. This role is excellent for
someone who is interested in HR and sees herself or himself
pursuing a future in a Recruiting or HR Representative role.
Click below to see what makes Penske great!
In this hourly role, the Recruiting Assistant will primarily
support processes around candidate sourcing, application screening,
and process expediting. Source candidates using company and
external resume databases. Upon finding candidates, this position
will contact candidates and stay with them through the hiring and
background check process. This position will be based in Vancouver,
- Sources for new candidates matching the provided job
- Assists Recruiter in posting jobs via job boards, college
career sites, and workforce sites.
- Screens resumes from databases and applications from Penske's
Taleo system to identify candidates meeting minimum
- Conducts brief phone screening conversations and schedule
candidate interviews with hiring managers.
- Maintains accurate records on applicant status and provides
timely responses to all applicants
- Provides offer letters and initiating/communicating the
background screening process for selected candidates.
- Supports the New Hire Orientation process as needed.
- Projects for the HR Team and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or at least 3 years of equivalent work
- Prior demonstrated high-touch customer service and follow-up
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- A high degree of professionalism and communication with
- The ability to support multiple business partners with
contending requests while offering a high degree of service.
- Experience working with a variety of internal and external
business partners at all levels helpful.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical skills (internet, cloud base applications,
good with internet data research, cell phone/text messaging, etc.)
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced environment, and keep up
with a high volume of activity.
- A detail oriented, self-motivated approach with the ability to
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and
Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is
regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The
associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Vancouver , Recruiting Assistant, Human Resources , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!