Company: Pacific Bells
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Pays employees and compiles payroll information by managing payroll
staff, payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records
for multiple payroll entities and cycles in applicable systems.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Candidates must be highly motivated, self-directed, and results
driven with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and
professional written and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience with large enterprise, multistate
- Must have solid skills with MS Office including advanced skills
- CPP or FPC highly preferred
- Must have a proven track record of successfully managing multiple
priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a proven track record of engaging and supervising at
least 1-2 direct reports
- Must maintain confidential information, adhere to, and enforce
company policies, programs, and compliance issues
- Knowledge and experience using HCM systems and software is
- Ability to build positive, professional relationships with peers,
managers, and field operations teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains payroll information by designing efficient processes to
optimize the collection, calculation, and entering of data in
- Maintains overall administration for Ticketing and Support
- Ensures payroll records are updated by reviewing and approving
automated processes of changes in exemptions, insurance coverage,
savings deductions, job titles, wage rates, and location/position
- Monitors electronic pay initiatives and proactive tools to
encourage timely, accurate payment to all Team Members
- Prepares audits by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes,
deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of
employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and
employer's social security, unemployment, and worker's compensation
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
and working closely with the Payroll, Tax and Compliance
- Handles escalation needs and provides payroll information by
answering questions and requests from the field.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and
procedures as well as managing a semi-annual process review of all
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by
studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to
requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by
keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Maintains payroll staff by training and retaining employees.
- Maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and
disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related objectives as
The duties of this position may change from time to time. The
Company reserves the right to add or delete duties and
responsibilities at the discretion of its managers or franchisor.
This job description is intended to describe the general level of
work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Keywords: Pacific Bells, Vancouver , Payroll Manager, Human Resources , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!