Recruiter (Full Life Cycle) - Western Region
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Our Penske Regional Recruiter will manage the full life-cycle
recruiting process, including: sourcing, selection, offer
negotiation, and initiating the onboarding process for a designated
business group. We are seeking a highly responsive, customer
focused individual with strong time management and organizational
skills to manage approximately 30-50 (primarily hourly)
This position will help support the Western Region, including the
states of Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii, Montana, Idaho,
Utah, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and El Paso, Texas,
and recruit for positions including truck leasing rental counter,
management trainees, diesel technicians and other service
positions, truck leasing operations, sales, and management
A heavy emphasis on this role is placed on sourcing and recruiting
talent. Utilizing sales, research, and networking skills, the
position will require the proactive identification of active and
passive talent through flawless execution of our process and
creative thinking for challenging roles and markets. The position
will also be responsible for placing and editing job advertisements
in various media outlets, database management, internet resume
mining, cold calling, local school/organization recruiting,
screening applicants, and potentially selecting candidates for
certain entry level roles.
Qualified candidates will have at least 2-3 years of recruiting
experience with a similar work environment. While we provide
excellent guidance and support, recruiter candidates must be
self-motivated and self-efficient, and have prior demonstrated
experience in doing so. Much of the work of this role is conducted
with hiring managers and candidates via phone and email, but may
also include manager training, participation in leadership
meetings, job fairs, and career presentations at schools and other
This position could be based out of our Vancouver, WA office
reporting to the recruiting supervisor with a strong dotted line
relationship to the area vice-presidents and area human resource
Click below to see what makes Penske great!
- Maintains effective working relationship with HR and Operational
partners to ensure appropriate staffing service levels are met
through the creation of area staffing plans
- Confers with management and supervisors to identify staffing
needs and requirements, conducting intake/scoping calls and
providing process overviews and realistic expectations to hiring
- Manages the necessary sourcing and advertising of openings
- Develops and maintains relationships with technical schools,
colleges, alumni groups, military sources, and diversity
organizations to find and attract applicants
- Manages and facilities onsite hiring events (open house, career
fairs, interview days)
- Conducts electronic screening and phone screening of candidates,
updating status in our tracking system.
- Maintains constant communication with hiring managers on active
candidates. Also regularly discusses future hiring needs and backup
- Coordinates background checks on applicants, and reference checks
- Coaches hiring managers with effective recruiting practices to
ensure polices and legal requirements are in compliance.
- Possess and maintains on-going knowledge of the latest recruiting
strategies utilizing a high level of creativity and latitude.
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws, and regulations
including EEO and ADA.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences in all
phases of recruitment process. Supports Penske diversity
initiatives and objectives.
- Develops a full understanding of, and utilizes, reporting
features of recruiting systems, including requisition reports,
candidate status reports, etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2-3 years recruiting experience in a large, decentralized or
centralized company environment required
- Bilingual Spanish candidates with fluency in reading/writing
- Bachelor's degree required, or, at least 3 years of equivalent
work experience required
- Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills,
including troubleshoot and problem solving experiences.
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation
- Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through
written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers,
managers, and leadership.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced environment, and keep up
with a high volume of activity
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and
ability to prioritize.
- Willingness to travel, about 50% to various locations by car,
plane or train overnight, as required or directed by area
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems
required, prior experience with Taleo preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Vancouver , Recruiter (Full Life Cycle) - Western Region, Human Resources , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!