CDL A Driver Needed in Portland, OR. FT w/ Great Benefits! $28/HR + $5k Sign On Bonus!
Company: Scholastic Book Fairs
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Scholastic Book Fairs is looking for a committed CDL A driver to
shuttle fairs between branch locations and also for deliveries and
pickups of books and supplies that help children become lifelong
learners. Scholastic Book Fairs Drivers return home same day and
will travel in city, suburbs, and rural areas. The pickup and
delivery requires the loading and unloading of company trucks at
both Branch and Schools, utilizing all safety procedures during
this process. Our drivers obtain their daily manifests and inspect
their trucks and equipment prior to leaving the Branch.
These full time positions offer a generous benefits package,
including medical, dental and vision benefits, vacation time, paid
sick time, personal days, 50% employee discount, 401k w/ company
match, and the possibility of summers off.
All drivers will be given proper equipment including uniforms and
shoes and must maintain a professional appearance. Scholastic Book
Fairs Drivers adhere to all Company, local, state, and federal
rules/regulations inclusive of, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA, etc.
Scholastic Book Fairs takes pride in being a drug and alcohol free
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with supervisor to deliver and pick-up fairs in an
efficient, cost effective manner.
- Inspect and prepare fifth wheel before coupling.
- Utilize Semi Tractor with either single or tandem axle, manual
or automatic transmission, combined with a 48' or 53' trailer to
line haul fairs from branch facility to hub location.
- Deliver fairs using a Semi Tractor with either single or tandem
axle, manual or automatic transmission, combined with a pup
- Couple and uncouple trailers safely and in a timely manner.
Connect/disconnect air and brake lines, and properly operate
- Work closely with supervisor to ensure customer service
standards are maintained.
- Load and unload trucks with or without assistance of mechanical
- Effectively communicate routing problems to supervisor so
changes can be communicated to the routing team (road construction,
address changes, steps, etc).
- Deliver and pick-up product from schools, as scheduled,, in a
courteous and professional manner.
- Secure and transport products in order to enable customer to
receive a "Damage Free" fair.
- Perform a daily pre-trip and post-trip inspection of motor
vehicle to which assigned. Notify supervisor of any defects or
- Complete and maintain accurate and legible records in a timely
manner to include, but not limited to, DOT Logs, trip sheets, fuel
tickets, road expenses, and other paperwork, as required.
- Adhere to all Company, local, state, and federal
rules/regulations inclusive of, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA,
- Assist in completing warehouse tasks as required by the
- Overnight routes as necessary.
- Must maintain professional appearance including well-groomed
hair, clean uniform, and hygienic habits.
- Attend monthly driver meetings - completing all continuous
training materials as required.
- Complete annual Certificate of Violation Process timely,
accurately and honestly.
- Utilize proper techniques for lifting, packing, and handling
heavy objects, climbing ladders and pushing/pulling display
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Maintain truck per company standards.
- Regular attendance in accordance with schedule.
- Drug and alcohol free policy compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
- Verifiable commercial driving experience of at least one (1)
- Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess valid CDL A license with air brake endorsement.
- CDL A must be validated through recertification with an
approved Driving School
- Must pass a drug screen/alcohol screen, Motor Vehicle Record
review, criminal background review, and a DOT physical examination
indicating physical essential functions of job can be performed as
- Must be able to drive vehicle weighing in excess of 26,001 GVW
and trailers in excess of 10,000 lbs. with a total combined GVW up
to 80,000 lbs.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs. and push, pull, lift and
handle metal/plastic cases weighing more than 350lbs on a regular
and repetitive basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Customer service orientated.
- Must be able to read road maps and follow directions.
- Ability to work over time and weekends as needed.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills,
and ability to read.
Job Family Group:
Distrib & Matls Mgmt
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear:
there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion,
color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying
physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or
Vietnam veteran. Those factors shall not influence the
determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity
within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as
compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and
dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational
programs) shall be administered without discrimination.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO Scholastic Policy Statement
Pay Transparency Provision
*Important* Please fill out the below information to be re-directed
to the full application
Keywords: Scholastic Book Fairs, Vancouver , CDL A Driver Needed in Portland, OR. FT w/ Great Benefits! $28/HR + $5k Sign On Bonus!, Human Resources , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!