Database Administrator 2 (N-IT)
Company: Flux Resources
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Database Administrator 2 (N-IT)
Database Administrator 2
Flux is currently seeking a Database Administrator 2 to join our
project team onsite with our client in Vancouver, WA. This Database
Administrator position will support Infrastructure and Support
Services organization. This position will work with a team that is
responsible for overall development, enhancement, operations and
maintenance of enterprise databases.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Mine data from various database instances to support
Transmission Operations and provide the results in the form of
custom reports to various customers within Transmission
- Some of the required reporting will include routine processes
that are able to be reused by various customers and other
situations that are a one-off and require a quick report to be
created to address a specific need (i.e. response to on-site
- Provide assistance with and/or perform administration and
- Enterprise level SQL Server 2008 and later;
- Windows Server 2008 and later.
- Recommend and produce automation of various routine manual
processes using PowerShell, WMI, SMO and .Net.
- Conduct remote server monitoring.
- Collaborate and participate in requirements gathering
- Recommend, create and customize a wide variety of reports
- Assist with the development and documentation of processes and
- Assist with validating compliance with all applicable
regulations, which includes Federal Information Security Management
Act (FISMA) and NERC CIP related activities associated with
database security and management.
- Alongside manager perform and/or assist with database
administration tasks within all Microsoft SQL environments.
- Perform command line database management using Microsoft SQL -
ISQL, OSQL, SQLCMD, BCP, etc.
- Perform all levels and components Windows Server
- Analyze Windows Server and/or DBMS and CCN environments for
processing and performance tuning. Recommend needed system
modifications; develop and provide implementation plans for
management approved modifications.
- Provide developer and end-user support for databases including
maintaining existing views and procedures, performance tuning, and
troubleshooting database problems as requested or needed.
- Provide Windows Server support for users including maintaining
privileges, installing applications, performance tuning, and
troubleshooting problems as requested or needed.
- Participate in project and technical meetings and develop and
recommend more effective consolidation strategies; assist with
implementation of management approved recommendations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or a
directly-related technical field is preferred.
5 years previous directly-related experience in
Computer/Information Technology is required.
- 4 years' experience with SQL Server of My SQL:
- DBMS installation and patching
- Backup and recovery
- Performance Tuning
- Reporting - SQL Server:
- Reporting Services
- Report Builder
- Business Intelligence Design Studio
- Integration Services
- SQL Server and Database Administration:
- Certified Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or later
- Microsoft SQL - sqlcmd, bcp, etc.)
- OLTP and OLAP data modeling
- Assist in designing and implementing changes to a complex
database environment as requested.
- Database consolidation strategies
- SQL Server remote management
Flux Resources, LLC is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and we are
committed to engaging with diverse populations. It is our priority
to be a leader in creating a workforce that represents the citizens
we serve. While providing EEO self-identification information is
voluntary, we encourage you to do so as it is pertinent to our
commitment of creating a diverse workforce.
All candidates will receive consideration without regard to
characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law
such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical
or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or
military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual
FLUX Resources, LLC. wants to ensure applicants who apply for jobs
electronically are informed of their equal employment opportunity
(EEO) protections as part of the application process through the
EEO is the Law and Supplement to EEO is the Law posters. In
addition, you can review the prescribed pay transparency
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran you have the right to request an accommodation, which can
be done by e-mailing us at email@example.com and
providing us with your name and contact information
Keywords: Flux Resources, Vancouver , Database Administrator 2 (N-IT), IT / Software / Systems , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!