Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Company: The Hawthorne Gardening Company
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Hawthorne Gardening Company, a Vancouver, WA based subsidiary of
Scotts Miracle Gro, is looking for a Software QA Engineer who will
join our Web Development Engineering team to support our Web
Platform. The Software QA Engineer role is to develop and advocate
for quality Software Testing practices throughout the entire SDLC.
You'll be an active member of the Web team reviewing Requirements,
assessing Risk, determining Test Coverage scope and executing
testing on deliverables. You'll also help improve our Automated
tests (Unit Tests, Integration Tests, Front-End Selenium Regression
Tests) in order to ensure software product quality. ---
What you'll do in this role:
- Advocate for quality throughout all aspects of the SDLC by
consistently participating in QA process enhancements to improve
functionality, security and usability.
- Document, research, and communicate defects and issues
discovered during test execution.
- Review browser and application console logs to help debug and
- Collaborate with individuals and teams to determine testing
risks, formulate plans to improve their test coverage applying
industry best practices.
- Develop test strategies based on the requirements to
efficiently and comprehensively test the features.
- Understand and contribute in product requirements, architecture
- Execute tests to validate non-functional requirements, such as:
performance, scalability, reliability & load.
- Perform cross-platform testing to ensure robustness across all
user scenarios (Web & Mobile).
- Mentor Junior QA personnel of various disciplines.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred, or equivalent
combination of education, training, and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a QA role
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Web Development Stack
- Conceptual & Functional working knowledge of one or more
etc.). Comprehension of logic flows, syntax, Methods/Functions,
Data Types (Dictionaries, Array's, Lists), if-statements, operands
- Create, update and maintain Automated Test Coverage (Unit,
Integration, and Front End. Selenium Tests) and verify expected
results as desired.
- Create, update and maintain Manual Test Coverage (Test
Scenarios & Test Cases) and verify expected results as
- Create, update and maintain quality assurance metrics that
enable stakeholders to make informed decisions, omit risk and
release deliverables ahead of schedule.
- Proficient with one or more bug tracking and test management
tools (preferably JIRA)
- Working knowledge and experience with CICD Test Automation
Tools (TeamCity, Octopus, Jenkins).
- Working knowledge of one or more Relational Database Management
Systems (AWS's RDS, MySQL, SQLite etc.)
- Productive with Windows OS and Microsoft Tools (Visual Studio,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be able to work effectively
as part of a project/program team
- Ability to work either independently or in a team environment,
depending on the task
- Self-directed - able to set and maintain priorities
- Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it
to business needs
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information
to non-technical individuals
- Display initiative and accept responsibility--be
- Desire to pursue personal development and continually grow as a
- Permanent work status in the United States
- Fluency in written and verbal English
--- What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- A place on an engaged team of passionate colleagues in a
growing and dynamic industry
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental
and Vision coverage
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock
purchasing program (15% discount)
- 13 paid holidays and generous vacation policy
- Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350)
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee
resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee
Network, Scotts Veterans Network, GroPride Network, and Scotts
Keywords: The Hawthorne Gardening Company, Vancouver , Software Quality Assurance Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!