Lead Gameplay Software Engineer - EA SPORTS
Company: Electronic Arts Inc.
Posted on: January 20, 2023
About the Organization: EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic
brands in sports & entertainment with nearly 30 years of
innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across
the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and athletes. We are
creating a team to build a new unannounced AAA EA SPORTS product
across platforms. This is your opportunity to join this new team
that will shape the future of interactive entertainment and create
the next great EA SPORTS game.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of
veterans of EA/EA SPORTS and new talent from across industries.
With some of the most valuable sports IP in the world, and the
resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities
needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience
of players worldwide.
About the role: As the gameplay leader, you will lead a team of
engineers working with designers, and animators to build animation
features and AI behaviours. You will guide your team to gather and
analyze the requirements, create and review the technical design
documents, and deliver the features.
- Build and lead the gameplay team for the game.
- Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life.
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game,
incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom
code as needed
- Rapidly prototype new mechanics to prove designs and iterate on
- Design, architect, and document technical designs for Gameplay
- Develop tools and workflows to produce new game features
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and
interface correctly with the engine.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or
equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design
- Experience architecting and implementing A.I., character
control, pathfinding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help
- Understand the performance implication of Gameplay systems &
algorithms and how to improve them.
- Experience leading a 5+ engineers team
Keywords: Electronic Arts Inc., Vancouver , Lead Gameplay Software Engineer - EA SPORTS, IT / Software / Systems , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!