12208 SE Evergreen Hwy. Vancouver, WA, 98683 (Portland OR Metro
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Columbia Springs, a 501(c)3 non-profit, is located on more than
100 acres of urban green space and home to the historic Vancouver
Trout Hatchery. Columbia Springs (CS) offers our community a unique
setting and educational experiences that foster a greater awareness
of the natural world and inspire stewardship.
We provide a wide variety of formal and informal onsite and
outreach education programs. Visitors can hike on nature trails
through hills, meadows, lakes, wetlands, and other natural
settings, observe birds and wildlife, and visit the working trout
hatchery. Please see our website for more information,
Summary of Position
The Executive Director is responsible for:
• Providing visionary leadership and management to grow CS into
a premier destination of choice for life long environmental
education, historic interpretation, and recreation.
• Development, administration, and implementation of
programs/education, policies, and goals of CS; working with both
the Board and our strategic partners to establish and implement
• Oversee the day-to-day business and administrative operations
of CS and ensuring fiscal integrity.
• The Executive Director will report to the Chair of the CS
Board and work with the 14-member Board.
The Executive Director’s duties include:
o Promote effective communication between board members,
partners, committees, staff, and volunteers.
o Supervise staff in the oversight and coordination of the
activities of CS programs.
o Manage site operations.
o Assist board members in the performance of their roles.
o Work with the Development Director and the Development
Committee in maintaining and growing donor and corporate
sponsorship relationships to meet annual fundraising goals.
• Manage & Develop Partnerships
o Develop and negotiate deliverables for contracts with
Partnering Government Agencies.
• Community Building
o Represent CS professionally in the community.
o As the key spokesperson, promote public understanding of and
support for CS.
o Coordinate activities with other organizations, private and
public, throughout the region.
o Work with Events & Communication Coordinator and the Marketing
committee on outreach, press releases, and website/social media
o With the Business Manager and Finance Committee, manage
o Prepare and administer the annual budget approved by the
o Present timely and accurate financial statements.
o Oversee the plan and execution of volunteer, educational and
other CS events with staff and volunteers. This includes but is not
limited to the annual fundraising event, Hooked, as well as Family
Nature Days and Kids Fishing Festival.
o Oversee the use and maintenance of CS properties.
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of academic
and work experience pertaining to environmental education.
• 5+ years of work experience pertaining to non-profit
management or public administration.
• Management skills including budgeting, goal setting,
supervision, and overall organization.
• Proven track record of fundraising and development.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and manage a diverse group
• Excellent verbal, presentation and writing skills.
• Ability to articulate a strong philosophy for environmental
education and stewardship.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to leverage current and emerging technologies
(software, internet, networks, etc.) to accomplish duties and
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to recruit, work with and motivate volunteers.
• Ability to adapt to a wide range of tasks and environments
with grace and flexibility – from getting your hands dirty to
attending formal events.
• Have a sense of humor!
Salary commensurate with experience; beginning range of $62,000
If you are passionate about the environment, enjoy working
outdoors, connecting community to nature, educating others about
our natural surroundings, and want to leave a legacy for
generations to come, we encourage you to apply.
To apply: send via e-mail only to email@example.com,
your resume, salary history and cover letter. Applications due by
July 20, 2020.
To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view
job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already
registered, login to view details.
Earn a Certificate of Excellence in Nonprofit Leadership &
Jointly awarded by the Society and Michigan State
Study online at your own pace.
"Help us raise money!" That's the plea we at the Society for
Nonprofits hear most often...Read More