Posted on: November 21, 2020
OnTrac is hiring a Yard Coordinator!
Help Your Community and Get Paid! Join OnTrac.
OnTrac helps companies arrange delivery for goods and medical
supplies. We're part of the supply chain that's keeping America
running, and we're hiring now!
First and foremost, we take safety seriously.Safety is our
company's #1 value, and we are following all of the CDC and WHO
guidance for cleaning and social distancing.
Coordinate and track the movement of trailers in and out of the
yard. Manages Hostlers and works with incoming drivers directing
traffic to ensure smooth traffic flow in the yard. Matches,
verifies seal numbers to documentation (bill of ladings).
Shifts: Sunday-Thursday 11PM-8AM, may vary based upon business
Maintain and contribute to a safe work environment by adhering to
policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Safety
- Physically working outside on the yard and/or dock- limited
time spent, if any, in the office.
- Checking in Vendors/Drivers when they arrive on the yard with
- Recording Vendor info, Trailer info, Account name(s), Trailer
- Coordinating trailer switch moves with Management and the Yard
Switchers (Hostler's) in the unload area.
- Coordinating switch moves and con gear placement with
Management and the Yard Switchers on the load side.
- Perform a thorough yard check to ensure all'due' freight is
unloaded on the proper sort.
- Working with Management and the Hostlers to ensure proper dock
set up between sorts- lineup changes between TWI& MID Sorts.
- Provide a summary report (excel spreadsheet) detailing all
trailer pick-ups processed for the Day & Twi Sorts.
- Perform any other task or assignment as deemed necessary by the
Competencies: This position requires the following
- Demonstrates Business and Technical Acumen:
- Demonstrates knowledge of internal systems and processes. Is
responsible about doing job duties.
- Is accountable for own performance and behavior.
- Has good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Anticipates issues and prevents them.
- Advocates and Leads Change:
- Is flexible and positive when change occurs.
- Portrays a positive attitude to others.
- Supports change initiatives by following new directions as
directed and providing appropriate information.
- Offers ideas for improving work and team processes.
- Engages and Inspires Others:
- Always treats people with respect and dignity and promotes
pleasant and professional work environment.
- Keeps commitments and does what is right.
- Provides assistance, information, and support to others to
build a basis for future reciprocity.
- Communicates and Influences:
- Speaks and writes in a clear, concise manner; uses efficient
and appropriate methods to disseminate information.
- Listens attentively to people's ideas and concerns.
- Develops Self and Others:
- Understands his/her own strengths and weaknesses.
- Prepares a personal development plan with specific goals and a
timeline for their accomplishment.
- Customer Focused:
- Presents a cheerful and positive manner with customers both
internal and external.
- Manages issues with urgency to meet customer's
- Understand how decisions affect the customers and considers
customers when making decisions.
- Viewed as ethical, trustworthy, responsible, and reliable.
- Does what he/she commits to doing.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Remains calm under stress and controls response when
While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands
to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to communicate
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, bend,
climb, push, pull, twist or crouch.
- The physical activity associated with this position is
considered high. The employee will regularly lift, push, pull
and/or move items averaging 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
the ability to adjust focus.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
preferred. Or one to three months related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of both.
- One year of leadership experience.
- It is the responsibility of every position to understand and
adhere to the security guidelines outlined in OnTrac's Acceptable
Use policy and to conduct their activities accordingly.
Keywords: OnTrac, Vancouver , Yard Coordinator, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!