Posted on: February 25, 2021
Aerotek is currently seeking a Chemist for a long term position
at a federal utility in Vancouver, WA. Holiday, Vacation and access
to competitive benefits is provided.This Chemist position will work
alongside other chemists in support of the Diagnostics, Metrology &
Labs department, at the chemistry laboratory, supporting substation
maintenance and environmental programs. This position may also be
required to perform work at various substations throughout the
service area supporting and assisting with environmental cleanup
- On a progressive basis, working with personnel, support, assist
with, and perform the following:
- Receive and process test samples; which includes logging
samples into the tracking system and provide "change of custody" to
- Perform oil quality tests, dissolved-gas-analysis tests, and
PCB tests; analyze results, identify any unknown materials, and
- Perform Chemical Waste Profile Analysis and Reporting; timely
and accurately completed reporting is vital.
- Coordinate with field personnel for proper sampling, shipment
and/or disposal of waste.
- Conduct various specialized tests on transformer insulating
oil; e.g., furan, metal particle counts.
- Provide consultation on ASTM D27 (Electrical Insulating Liquids
and Gases) methods and specifications as it pertains to the power
- Provide recommendations on new product purchases for electrical
insulating liquids from a chemical perspective.
- Perform general laboratory clean-up as well as regular sample
- Repair and maintain laboratory equipment as is practical,
escalating maintenance and repair needs as necessary.
- Participate in organization improvement efforts, assisting and
recommending new or revised procedures, processes or other
initiatives to enhance efficiency and quality.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry is required.
- 5 years of applicable research and/or quality control chemistry
experience is required.
- Must have knowledge of chemistry and testing concepts.
- Demonstrated skill performing lab and field tests.
- Ability to interpret and apply applicable test standards to
- Working knowledge of dissolved-gas-analysis and knowledge of
- Working knowledge of PCB analysis for both liquid and soil
- Knowledge of Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
Hazardous Waste Regulations 40 CFR Part 261.
- Knowledge of US Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
on shipping hazardous wastes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Please see API for full requirements. About Aerotek:We know
that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know
that an individual's success starts with the right career
opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader,
Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for
our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since
1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and
staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices,
Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract
employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis
Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at
Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Vancouver , Chemist, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!