Company: Holman Enterprises
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Holman Enterprises is a diverse automotive services company that
is made up of six operating businesses - including automotive
dealerships across the country, a leasing and auto retail finance
company, an auto parts distributorship, a truck up-fitting
business, a full-service insurance brokerage, and the largest
privately owned fleet leasing and management company in the
The Contract Administrator will manage the commercial contract
review and negotiation process for Holman Automotive's retail
automotive operations. The Contract Manager will work closely with
stakeholders across the company, and is expected to be
self-motivated and able to operate independently. This position
must (i) make decisions and provide advice and support to
operations and central services personnel on a variety of
contracting-related issues, (ii) draft and negotiate a variety of
contract forms, (iii) ensure corporate policies are enforced and
adhered to, and (iv) collaborate with corporate legal, risk,
sourcing and finance departments as needed. The Contract
Administrator will report up to the General Counsel and Senior Vice
President - Legal for Holman Automotive.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate internal resources for the proper
review, approval and execution of contracts.
- Respond promptly to requests for contract review and ensure
timely turnaround on all contracting requests.
- Assist in and/or manage contract review sessions ensuring
involvement of all relevant stakeholders in the contracting
- Manage standard contract templates and negotiate with vendors
and other third parties that request change to forms.
- Draft and negotiate dif---cult and complex contractual
provisions-including risk allocation, indemnification, and
limitations of liability-with outside vendors in collaboration with
- Identify non-standard commercial terms and risks for legal,
finance and other corporate departments' consideration.
- Oversee the execution of contracts, ensuring that all necessary
documentation is executed and collected as required by the contract
documents and company policies.
- Oversee development and administration of the company's
contract management database.
- Assist in the creation, management, maintenance and audit of
comprehensive contracting and risk assessment policies, processes
and documentation to ensure compliance with company policy and
- Work closely with the centralized accounting, retail vendor
management, and corporate procurement departments to (i) design,
implement and manage vendor approval and onboarding processes and
(ii) identify opportunities to consolidate vendor relationships and
negotiate national accounts with key vendors.
- Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to
influence others to support and act on those priorities in a
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, highly organized
and attention to detail.
- Ability to interface, collaborate and communicate effectively
with internal business partners as well as external sources.
- Strong working knowledge of contracting principles.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, adapt to shifting
priorities, and work with minimal supervision.
- Sound work ethic, business acumen, and professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; paralegal certification is a
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in contract
negotiation and management, or other hands-on commercial contracts
functions, in a corporate legal department, preferably for a
company in a consumer-facing industry.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask while delivering quality and
timely product in a fast-paced and deadline-driven
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and draft contractual terms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and
Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and contract management programs.
Holman Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Holman Enterprises, Vancouver , Contracts Administrator, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!