Land Survey Technician
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Aerotek is currently seeking a qualified Land Survey Technician
for a non-travel position located in Vancouver, WA.
This Land Survey Technician position provides direct support to
the Mapping Supervisor within the Geomatics Organization. The
Mapping Team prepares and maintains drawings of transmission
facilities, particularly transmission line plan/profile drawings
and site property acquisition drawings, including substation sites,
communication sites, and other facilities. In addition, this group
supports right-of-way acquisition for transmission facilities by
preparing pre-acquisition documentation, including, but not limited
to, land descriptions and exhibits.
- Utilize computer drafting software, particularly Bentley
Microstation and InRoads, to perform drafting of plan and profile
- Utilize Geographic Information Software (GIS), particularly
- Utilize Geographic Information System (GIS) software to create
and update transmission features; and to create and update
transmission facility map.
- Utilize PLS-CADD software to create and update plan and profile
- Research and analyze deeds, title policies, survey maps and
other land record documents.
- Provide recommendations regarding mapping standards to Master
- Provide work statements and estimates; review and track
mapping-related work that is delegated to Master Service
- Thoroughly inspect and check deliverables for accuracy and
correctness. Deliverables include plan and profiles, Geographic
Information System (GIS) data in various formats, Land Acquisition
Requests (LARs), and permits.
- Alert and assist with conflicts surrounding deliverables.
- Maintain standards, update playbooks, dashboards and
- Compile all available evidence for right-of-way boundary
locations. Decipher and interpret vague boundary legal
descriptions. Analyze boundary surveys and title documents and
provide guidance and recommendations on resolution of boundary and
- Research private company records, , Bureau of Land Management
(BLM), and state, county and city records for information
concerning rights-of-ways. Make contacts with companies/agencies to
clarify and coordinate surveying and mapping activities.
- Resolve customer problems and issues regarding surveying and
mapping products and services. Work closely with real estate,
engineering, and project management staff to determine scope and
schedule of required work.
- Support projects in the preparation of legal descriptions,
permit applications, and associated exhibits for the design,
acquisition, construction, maintenance, and operation of
transmission lines and facilities.
- Associates degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering,
Drafting or other closely related technical field; or equivalent
course work/classes in the area of surveying and/or drafting is
- 5+ years Land Survey Tech or Cartographic Tech experience is
- 3 years of mapping experience is required.
- Proficiency in Bentley MicroStation and ArcGIS Desktop.
- Knowledge of and experience with various horizontal and
vertical coordinate systems and datum (ie. State Plane Coordinate
Systems, UTM grid system, NAD83, NAD27, NAVD88, NGVD29).
To apply: please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We
also know that an individual's success starts with the right career
opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader,
Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for
our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since
1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and
staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices,
Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract
employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis
Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider
all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Vancouver , Land Survey Technician, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!