Cost Tracking And Financial Analysis Specialist
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Aerotek is currently seeking a qualified Cost Tracking And
Financial Analysis Specialist for a position with a Federal Utility
in Vancouver, WA.
This Cost Tracking And Financial Analysis Specialist position
will support the Transmission Technology Work Planning and Delivery
organization within the Federal Utility. This position supports the
Project Management Office by performing financial analysis,
performance monitoring, scheduling, SharePoint support and other
- Assist with program presentations; document feedback.
- Assist in the project intake process by facilitating intake
meetings and recording project intake information.
- Review and recommend improvements to the System Life Cycle
artifacts and documentation including the design of forms as
- Review and recommend improvement to processes used by the TT
- Research and document cost information for projects and the TT
Control Center IT Portfolio.
- Assist with development of necessary documentation to support
reporting and audit requirements.
- Prepare technical analysis, forecasts, reports, and documents,
- Assist Portfolio Managers in defining and developing metrics,
reports and dashboards for users ranging from project managers to
project sponsors and stakeholders.
- Facilitate Monthly Forecast process, as defined by the
- Verify all projects submit forecast for both Capital and
Expense projects on a monthly basis:
- Verify all projects contain monthly actual financial data from
- Conduct financial analysis of project and/or portfolio data, as
defined by Portfolio Managers. This can include: financial analysis
of forecast to actuals, forecast to budget, and variances for
project and portfolio data.
- Communicate all analysis results and determinations to BRM and
- Monitor and submit request for new Work Orders to Portfolio
Managers for processing and approval.
- Notify Portfolio Managers of Work Order change needs to include
Project managers, in service dates, schedules and dollars.
- Assist in the development of the monthly financial presentation
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to
determine the financial resources required to implement a
- Perform cost-benefit analyses to compare operating programs,
review financial requests, or explore alternative financing
- Review project expenditures to analyze trends affecting project
- Draft forecasts for capital and expense expenditures using
current and historical data and timelines.
- Provide support for the Mission Critical Prioritization
Steering Committee (MCPSC) for required artifacts and
- Facilitate notes and gain approvals for notes for the MCPSC
meetings and distribute
- Maintain schedule attendees, and agenda for each reoccurring
- Maintain repository for meeting artifacts
- Schedule and send calendar invites for Decision Support
Document (DSD) review meetings
- Support organization process and organizational change
- Assist in defining, developing, and documenting new processes
and procedures, as required.
- Support process and procedure roll-out and implementation, as
defined by the Portfolio Managers.
- Assist in development of training material.
- Develop and present recommendations and supporting analysis to
the Portfolio Managers.
- A degree in Management, Finance, Economics, Statistics,
Accounting, Business, or a closely related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelors degree, 6 years of experience is
- With an applicable Associates degree, 8 years of experience is
- Without an applicable degree, 10 years of experience is
- Experience should include all aspects of project
support/analysis and financial forecasting.
- 1 year compliance and/or audit support experience.
- 1 year process development and roll-out experience.
- Expert Knowledge of:
- Project management tools
- Resource planning and scheduling tools
- Financial analysis, tools, and repots
- Excel Pivot tables.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We
also know that an individual's success starts with the right career
opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader,
Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for
our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since
1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and
staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices,
Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract
employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis
Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider
all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Vancouver , Cost Tracking And Financial Analysis Specialist, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!