LPN Home Health - Per Diem
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a LPN - Home Health for a Per
Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at
$22.16, more depending on experience.
Under the supervision of an RN, the LPN provides direct nursing
care, within the scope of their license, to patients as directed by
the physicians and other healthcare providers. Cooperative decision
making is expected in the execution of duties.
- Implement and evaluate patient care under the supervision of an
RN. Participates in the development of a patient-specific care
- Provide direct patient care including administering of
medications and treatments as prescribed.
- Document patient care in health record according to department
- Delegates, prioritizes, requests and accepts guidance and
assistance from others to assure delivery of care in a safe and
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued
education and professional development.
- Assists in the transporting of patients, specimens, supplies
and equipment and in the maintenance and stocking of supplies and
equipment to assure optimal functioning of the department.
- May triage patient phone calls, counsel patients, providing
patient education, taking patient histories, administering
prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and
monitoring patient vital signs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing LPN
- A minimum of one year clinical experience as an LPN
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific
principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each
- Current licensure as an LPN in the state in which nurse will be
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
- Basic computer skills required including familiarity with MS
- Must have cooperative working and interpersonal skills and the
ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients,
families and staff.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to
- Proficient with IV's
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
Southwest Home Health:
Valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance required.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor
cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes
or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body
fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining
agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please
attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative
Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,
state, or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Vancouver , LPN Home Health - Per Diem, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!