Company: New Leaf Community Markets, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Cashier
Department: Front End
Job Region: Oregon / SW Washington
Reports-To: Front End Manager
Exemption Status (typically): Non-Exempt
Requirements: As a retail grocer, we operate 7 days/week and 365
days/year. Our in-store positions are likely to include evening and
weekend shifts per the needs of the business.
About us: New Seasons Market began in 2000 when three families
got together to open a neighborhood market, a place where local
communities can come together to connect with where their food
comes from. A friendly, inviting place that honors its region's
farmers, ranchers, growers and makers-helping them prosper for
generations to come. Over the years, our community has grown, but
our goal is still the same: to build community through good
About the role: Operates cash register, processes and bags
customer orders and performs carry-outs. Provides exceptional
customer service and contributes to a positive and collaborative
- Engages the customer in a friendly manner, shares product
information and assists in locating product throughout the store.
Seeks opportunities to exceed customer expectations and enhance the
- Demonstrates ability to manage own time and models a flexible
work style. Shifts tasks as priorities and circumstances change
based on needs and conditions of department.
- Represents company values. Works cooperatively and positively
with fellow team members, customers and vendors spiriting a
respectful workplace where everyone is welcome.
- Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner
demonstrating company Speak Up culture.
- Conserves company resources. Works in a manner consistent with
company mission, vision and values and sustainability program.
- Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the
company and all local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
Contributes to store cleanliness, maintains equipment. Informs
store/department management of any problems.
- Observes all company rules and policies. Understands and
complies with specific department or location guidelines, tasks and
- Rings up and bags groceries using company taught best practices
and customer preference. Assist customers with carry-outs as
- Prepares Front End department for store opening and
- Accountable for following cash handling, register and return
- Complies with alcohol sales regulations.
- Processes returns per policy and requests assistance from lead
or management for complex returns.
- Uses Front End resource guide and store walks to learn PLUs and
accurately process customer orders.
- Keeps cash drawer organized throughout shift.
- Assists with product go-backs. Re-stocks, rotates and faces
products with attention to quality and expiration dates. Handles
damaged and spoiled product according to company policy.
- Responsible for assisting customers in usage of bottle count
machines and overall upkeep of machines and bottle count area.
Performs manual bottle counts as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization and rotation of all areas,
products and supplies. May assist in additional light cleaning /
housekeeping tasks when needed.
- Maintains awareness of current ads, promotions, holidays and
- Demonstrates familiarity with products throughout store with
willingness to continue learning.
- Tools and Equipment Used (not all inclusive): This position may
be required to use the following tools and equipment: baler, hand
truck, POS, industrial kitchen equipment (i.e. blast chiller,
grill, knives/blades, oven, grills, scales, etc.), basic
housekeeping / janitorial and standard office equipment.
- This position works at a Medium level. Required frequently and
up to continuously to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking
throughout shift. Sitting seldom required. Up to occasionally,
dependent on location, required to climb stairs, step stool and /or
- Continuously required to: lift 1-10 pounds; push/pull 1-10
pounds; use arms, hands and wrists; grasping/squeezing
- Frequently required to: lift 11-20 pounds; twist; reach below
- Occasionally required to: carry 1-50 pounds; push/pull 11-20
pounds; bend/stoop; crouch/squat; reach at/above shoulder
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of
duties, responsibilities and requirements, but constitutes a
general definition of the position's scope and function within our
company. New Seasons Market / New Leaf Community Markers reserves
the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and
requirements to meet changing industry or business needs as
What you Bring as a Candidate:
- Previous customer service, food service, retail or grocery
- Knowledge of retail Front End and/or cash-handling experience
- Entry level experience with MS Office. Working knowledge with
POS, inventory or other retail specific software preferred.
Physical and Environmental Work Space: Work occurs in a grocery
store environment which includes surfaces that can be wet and
slippery, moderate noise level, and temperature extremes in
controlled environments in the cooler and freezer, and depending on
location, working outside in all temperatures. There may be
exposure to certain allergens and / or chemicals. In accordance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of
2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make
reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees
Keywords: New Leaf Community Markets, Inc., Vancouver , Cashier, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!