Company: The Linde Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Area Controls Engineer
We are a technology and applications leader with the industry
knowledge and applications expertise to meet customer needs across
industrial, food, medical, chemical and electronics industries. We
offer over 120 years of proven experience in the safe and reliable
production and delivery of industrial, medical and specialty gases.
Were the talented people you know and trust, now with a new
Today our deep understanding of industry trends and customer
requirements allows us to collaborate intensely with customers to
identify and develop long-term solutions that deliver competitive
advantage. Our in-depth knowledge of customers manufacturing
processes enables turn-key engineering with minimal plant downtime,
and our technology development capabilities are unrivaled.
- Supports the West Area in achieving key outcomes in safety,
reliability, efficiency, cost and customer service.
- Supports the West Reliability Hub team by establishing a
culture of safety in working and in the execution of all aspects of
the teams role requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all safety, health, environmental and
quality standards within the area.
- Provides technical, troubleshooting and maintenance support to
all ASU, CO2, H2, and He plants within the area for all controls
and measurement systems, including Remote Operations, Plant Auto
Start, Supervisory and LMPC Control, Operations Portal, Expert
Systems, Metering and Monitoring Systems, Automated data
collection, Pipeline Demand Management, Automated Trailer Fill and
the security of the controls network.
- Ensures the reliable and efficient operation of all controls
and measurement systems within the area by:
- Performing controls and measurement systems reliability,
efficiency, I/O health check and contingency reviews and
assessments and monitors the completion of action plans to reduce
and eliminate identified gaps and risks
- Proactively reviewing and ensuring up to date controls and
measurement system condition based data and equipment reports to
ensure reliable operation
- Supporting the development of controls and measurement system
reliability and maintenance procedures for Messer internal
- Reviewing and approving the application of local controls and
measurement system PMs, work instructions, and related
- Reviewing the quality and completeness of controls and
measurement system PM execution at assigned plant locations
- Ensuring that agreed controls and measurement system
maintenance strategies are fully implemented at all sites
- Ensuring that all sites have active controls and measurement
system contingency plans with identified reliability risks
mitigated per plan
- Ensuring that critical controls and measurement system spare
parts are on hand and in a condition for immediate use and are
replenished in a timely manner once consumed
- Developing Critical Equipment Quality Control plans for
controls and measurement system maintenance activities
- Leading the rectification of failed controls and measurement
systems, including EMOC, plant/equipment outage decision making and
root cause analysis
- Identifies, defines, estimates, budgets, develops, plans and
executes controls and measurement system turnaround maintenance
activities, improvement and relife projects within the area.
- Assess the technical competency of controls and measurement
system contractors and service providers to ensure proper scope is
assigned and the expected quality is received.
- Leads and executes controls and measurement system programs and
projects within each area in support of high performance supply
chain operations and continuous improvement within the area.
- Provides controls and measurement system scope, estimation and
execution support to the Projects Group for large improvement and
relife projects within the area.
- Represent the areas controls and measurement systems
reliability interests in the proposal and project commercialization
process, including scope and spares input and new plant
- Completes areal controls and measurement system reviews of
major EMOCs for completeness and consistency with technical
- Leads or supports root cause analysis and ensures timely action
- Supports the development of location and area budgets on an
- Supports the effort for continuous improvement through Six
- Works with the Remote Operations Control Center to execute
controls and measurement systems projects and initiatives
identified to drive performance and close performance gaps.
- Working with the Area Supply Director, identifies and develops
and delivers technical controls and measurement system training for
- Demonstrates continuous improvement by sharing best practices
employed and adopt best practices identified by peers.
- Ensures that applicable material procurement and control
processes are consistent with Messer Group standards for corporate
- Will travel 50%+ of the time to plants in the territory that
the controls engineer is supporting.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering required
- 15 years of experience with at least 5 years in an operational
and engineering environment.
- Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership
- Proven experience in the installation, maintenance and
troubleshooting of controls and measurement systems, including
Remote Operations, Plant Auto Start, Supervisory and LMPC Control,
Operations Portal, Expert Systems, Metering and Monitoring
- Automated data collection, Pipeline Demand Management,
Automated Trailer Fill and the security of the controls
- Proven experience in Root Cause Analysis, Cause and Effect
- Proven experience and knowledge of predictive maintenance
methodologies and technologies
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industry standards and
- General expertise in instrumentation, analyzers and
- Air Separation experience and knowledge
- Experience with CMMS systems required, SAP PM
- Professional qualifications and licensing
- Six Sigma qualification
- FMEA methodologies
Join us and you will be part of a company that values and
supports your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with
set schedules, steady work and opportunities for ongoing training
and career progression.
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility.
Putting safety first, working with integrity and respect, we
encourage everyone to find solutions for success. That means for
our customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place
to build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @
If you need assistance with the application or would like to
request an accommodation, call (877) 243-1030.
Keywords: The Linde Group, Vancouver , Controls Engineer, Other , vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!