Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical
day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth
opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an
important role in providing innovative solutions for today's
gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve
operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were
founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing.
Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform
for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change.
Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that
we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next
generation of leaders.
The Lighting Quality Assurance Technician - Manufacturing is
responsible for all aspects of manufacturing quality at Hawthorne
Gardening Company. The Quality Assurance Technician will assure
adherence to quality standards for the manufacture and assembly of
Hawthorne products, including but not limited to incoming quality
inspection, in-process quality control, outgoing quality control,
product testing, quality documentation and training. They will work
closely with the Quality Manager to maintain existing quality
systems, implement new quality systems, and facilitate the
introduction of new products onto the manufacturing line. The
individual will work closely with the manufacturing team to assure
adherence to manufacturing inspection protocols (MIPs), react to
manufacturing quality issues and drive resolution through
structured problem-solving methods.
Hours will be Monday-Thursday from 9a-7:30p. Hours may flex to
include some Fridays and possibly change to 6:30a - 5:00p,
depending on business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assure adherence to all Quality, Regulatory, and Compliance
requirements for Hawthorne manufactured components and finished
* Work closely with the Operations Team to address quality
issues and drive resolution using structured problem-solving
methodologies to identify root-cause and reduce manufacturing
* Manage all site quality and compliance issues including
quality holds for non-conforming product, sample inspection of
suspect lots, segregation of bad product, management of
non-conforming materials, and rework of finished goods.
* Perform incoming quality control of components to ensure
conformance to quality standards.
* Perform in-house testing using analytical equipment and
interpret the results to drive quality-based decisions.
* Lead site Quality discussions with the Operations Team to
communicate quality concerns, issues and upcoming changes.
* Perform data entry into SAP QM and data analysis of quality
data in a timely manner.
* Develop with the support of the Quality Manager, Standard
Operating Procedures associated with Quality requirements for the
HGC assembly/manufacturing processes.
* Maintain required record keeping/retention of quality
documentation within the facility.
* Supervise and coordinate plant special projects and testing as
directed by Quality Manager.
* Responsible for the Associate Quality Training Program within
* Audit procedures and specifications of production line checks
(MIPs) to assure compliance.
The perfect person will have:
* Associate's degree or equivalent work experience in a
scientific or quality position.
* Strong attention to detail with excellent problem solving and
* Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power
Point, Google Docs, Google Sheets. Experience with statistical
software programs (MiniTab, JMP, Statistica) is a big plus but not
* Strong communication and technical writing skills with
experience writing SOPs, Work Instruct To view the full job
description, click here