System VP Mission Theology/Ethics
Posted on: May 3, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a System VP Mission Theology/Ethics for a
Full Time, Day position.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please
attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative
Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,
state, or federal laws.
Responsible for the strategy to prioritize mission integration,
theology and ethics across all PeaceHealths ministries. As a member
of the senior leadership team, participates in development and
achievement of the organizations long-term and short-term
objectives; develops and implements a full spectrum of formational
activities in a manner which will spiritually and intellectually
enrich the staff and leadership; leads efforts to integrate the
mission and values into all areas of operations; fosters ongoing
relationships with the bishop, local parishes, church clergy and
other leaders in the community; provides oversight for system-wide
mission and values integration; and collaborates in leading
community benefit programs. Maintains sponsorship responsibility
for the PeaceHealth system board and acts as senior lead for system
board mission committee.
- Establishes credibility as an operationally and pastorally
astute leader who leads others to better meet the needs of patients
and their families.
- Builds relational capital, trust, and confidence with staff and
leadership, providing for their spiritual care as an extension of
- Establishes a balance between healthcare business priorities
and mission integration that reflects the link between success of
either being necessary to the success of the other.
- Identifies undeserved areas in the geographies served by
PeaceHealth related to mission integration as well as pastoral care
that services can reasonably be extended.
- Creates meaningful measures of community benefit that reflect
accurately progress made in addressing specific health issues
(e.g., access to healthcare, obesity, teen pregnancy, and
- Manages clinical ethics and key physician leader relationships
- Broadens the reach and effectiveness of spiritual formation
within the organization.
- Partners with Administration in providing leadership
- Leads by example the thorough understanding and application of
the Catholic Healthcare Directives and Catholic Social Teaching and
how it applies in PeaceHealth ministries.
- Maintains strong community and church relationships with
residing archdiocese and local bishops.
- Fosters good relationships with the sisters, respectful of
their history and contributions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, business, or
- Masters Degree or a combination of education and professional
experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite
knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the
- Basic understanding of how healthcare works as a business and
ties into passion about mission integration.
- Practicing Roman Catholic committed to Catholic social
teachings and religious directives preferred.
- Minimum of ten years healthcare leadership experience
- Deep knowledge and experience in Catholic Theology.
- Demonstrated success exercising sensitivity to diversity,
wisdom in navigating relationships within a religious community,
diplomacy in representing the organization in the community.
- Excellence in team building.
- Organizational development/change management skills.
- Adept at managing interpersonal relationships; consensus
building; crisis management; and catalytic communication that
influences versus demands.
- Skilled communication abilities, both verbal and written; able
to inspire staff and garner the respect of others through
responsiveness in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrates professional initiative and follow-through.
- Proven interdisciplinary critical thinking/problem solving
- Demonstrated personal integrity, professional passion.
- Personally, committed to the mission and vision of Catholic
- Able to work with ambiguity and bring clarity and focus to
- Demonstrated relationship skills that foster trust and teamwork
and a common focus on excellence in all areas; clearly demonstrated
- Demonstrated high level of integrity; guided by a sound set of
- Demonstrates leadership style that emphasizes empowerment and
visibility, comfortable with an emphasis on structure, discipline,
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Vancouver , System VP Mission Theology/Ethics, Other , vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!