Electrical Project Engineer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common
purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable
place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and
passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in
knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society,
and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity,
collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront
of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to
find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying?
Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Our comprehensive portfolio of renewable energy solutions help
stakeholders plan, design,
finance, build, invest, operate, maintain, and manage wind both on
land and offshore, and solar throughout the project lifecycle and
across the value chain. Working at UL means you will be part of a
team delivering proven science, expert engineering, and innovative
address the unique challenges of these industries.
As our global footprint continues to grow, we are looking for a
Electrical Project Engineer to join our Due Diligence Team in
Albany, NY or San Diego, CA! This position can be located remotely
across the United States and Canada.
UL is seeking an Electrical Engineer with 5-10 years of
experience in the design, procurement, and construction of
utility-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) power generation facilities.
As a member of the Due Diligence team, the Electrical Engineer is
responsible for performing a wide range of duties to support
independent engineering and investor services.
Responsibilities include independent review and assessment of
electrical engineering design documentation, as well as assessment
of project construction activities including on-site field
inspections and report preparation for solar PV renewable energy
generation projects. This position will be responsible for
supporting multiple projects simultaneously with a demonstrated
competence in a broad range of electrical power systems
engineering, generation, and construction concepts.
What you'll learn & achieve:
- Support the electrical engineering aspects of high profile
Independent Engineering and Technical Advisory projects for project
financing, tax equity, sales and acquisitions of solar PV projects
and portfolios, including performing electrical design review,
reviewing electrical power systems aspects of engineering,
procurement, and construction contracts, interconnection
agreements, and project construction schedule
- Conduct detailed technical review and independent assessment of
solar PV electrical engineering design and construction
documentation, including plans, schematics, elevations,
specifications, calculations, studies, construction submittals,
test documentation, construction QA/QC documentation;
- Conduct on-site construction monitoring to assess compliance
with design drawings and specifications, good construction
practice, and adherence to QA/QC programs;
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with lenders,
investors, developers, contractors, and engineers regarding
electrical engineering technical reviews and construction
- Prepare detailed reports of electrical engineering design
reviews, project documentation assessments, and construction
- Participate in formal and informal departmental training
activities to continue development of engineering knowledge
- Attend regular departmental and team meetings;
- Other duties as assigned.
What makes you a great fit:
- B.S. degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited
institution, with focus on power system engineering;
- 5-10 proven years of experience in the renewable power
- Demonstrate competency in power generation, distribution,
substation, and transmission concepts;
- Demonstrate competency in the design of AC and DC systems as
related to solar PV generation facilities;
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure timely delivery of
high quality products;
- Ability to maintain good relationships with clients;
- Familiarity with and practical knowledge of related
disciplines, with ability to independently grasp and articulate
fundamental engineering concepts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
ability to effectively communicate complex engineering,
construction, and operational issues to lay people;
- Fluency in Microsoft Office products;
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to travel up to 25% through the United States;
- Self-starter with ability to schedule and prioritize tasks and
- Professional Engineering licensure;
- Experience providing technical due diligence engineering
services for wind or solar energy projects;
- Familiarity with NEC, NESC, NFPA, IEEE, U.S. grid codes, and
other applicable industry standards and guidelines;
- Experience with SKM PowerTools, ETAP, DigSilent, EMTP, or
similar power system analysis software;
- Familiarity reading and interpreting construction
- Ability to monitor construction while assessing and
communicating adherence to requirements, regulations, and
What you'll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new.
Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has
been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply
engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working
here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond
what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the
best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we
eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create.
We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how
people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles,
you will get international experience working with colleagues
around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted
development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very
own UL University that offers extensive training programs for
employees at all stages, including a technical training track for
- Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus
compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to
5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into
your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous
employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health
Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! We also
provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday,
sick and volunteer time off.
Keywords: UL, Vancouver , Electrical Project Engineer, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!