RN - Medical Surgical
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: June 9, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Medical Surgical for a Part Time,
Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.15, more depending
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance
with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a
collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients,
families, and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance
with their education, credentials, and demonstrated
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and
- Participates in the development of and maintains established
hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement,
safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency by successfully passing EKG
- BSN preferred
- Specialty certification preferred.
- New graduate or experienced RN (or equivalent education and/or
- 3 years acute care nursing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific
principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse
will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal
relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy
- Basic computer skills
PHSW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor
ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure
to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close
attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment;
operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of
each day (to include inclement weather).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining
agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please
attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative
Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,
state, or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Vancouver , RN - Medical Surgical, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!