Applications Systems Analyst - Epic HIM
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: June 9, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a Applications Systems Analyst - HIM for
a Full Time, Day position.
The employee in this role may be seated at one of our network
locations in Washington, Oregon or Alaska.
Responsible for the design, analysis, implementation and
maintenance of computer-based information systems. Installs,
troubleshoots, maintains and modifies application software. Works
as part of a team consisting of IST and client department
caregivers to ensure systems are developed, installed and
maintained for optimizing departmental resources.
- Leads projects associated with application implementation and
execution of moderate complexity and size. May assist Sr. Analyst
with larger more complex projects. Applies project management
methodology and utilizes standard project management for software
in development and maintenance of project plans.
- Review and understands system options and specifications of
applications and utilizes the specifications as applicable to make
recommendations on use.
- Consults with customers to understand workflows, processes,
data collection, reports details and other technical issues
associated with software as they relate to system design and build
decisions that support the department's function and goals.
- Analyzes design alternatives and makes appropriate design
decisions. Designs, validates and confirms new or changed
functionality with the application environment that meets customer
specifications. Understands and translates the business/department
functionality into Application configurations and workflow
validations. May require guidance from Sr. Analysts.
- Builds, tests, and debugs application to ensure the system
meets end-user requirements. Participates in building complete
testing plans to validate system parameters and functionality
performs as specified.
- Identify and resolve moderately complex issues independently.
May require guidance and mentorship from Sr. analyst for
resolution. Assists Sr. Analyst in resolution of complex
- Completes assigned application deployment, management and
- Assists application and technical team in the on-going
management of user request, issues, clinical application problems,
and delivery of application enhancements.
- Maintains project documentation including resources used,
decisions, outcomes, agreements etc
- Works with vendors as appropriate to ensure smooth operation of
products, reporting and resolution of issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, clinical, or business
discipline; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a
combination of education, training and experience.
- Three years progressive healthcare industry experience
- Two years' experience with hospital software or hardware
technology including designing, configuring, training, or
implementing applications required.
- Healthcare operations background is desirable.
- Experience with clinical and business workflow analysis for
development of electronic solutions within assigned application
- Experience organizing and managing detailed information and
working with teams required.
- Epic certification/experience highly preferred; may be required
within a specific time parameter post hire.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration to practice in trained
clinical area as required by State preferred.
- Knowledge of operational healthcare hospital workflows.
- Knowledge of system configuration, data tools and concepts,
application implementations, optimization, report writing, or
related applicable skill set preferred.
- Understanding of systems analysis concepts, techniques,
industry best practices, tools and standards.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to work independently in an environment with multiple
work demands and focus on detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display
flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to accommodate varying levels of travel to attend
meetings, implementations and customer support activities.
- Utilize software change management, process improvement and
quality planning methods in all phases of work.
SYSTEM - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please
attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative
Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,
state, or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Vancouver , Applications Systems Analyst - Epic HIM, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!