Patient Account Representative - Payment Posting
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Vancouver WA USA
Patient Account Representative - Payment
Responsible for posting payments/denials and processing paper
correspondence as assigned and within a timely manner. Provides
clerical support through the central business office.
- Respond to any correspondence attached to patient
- Post insurance payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Post insurance denials in a timely and accurate manner.
- May process the insurance claims correspondence and mail
- Read and interpret EOB's (Explanation of Benefits)
- Post patient payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Resolve unidentified payments from insurance and/or
- Provide quality customer service and resolution to callers'
- Present unresolved concerns to Supervisor for resolution
immediately with related documentation.
- Document account activity accurately and promptly.
- Responsible for maintaining work queues.
- Responsible for correctly identifying and updating various
types of insurance entry information.
- Maintain basic understanding and knowledge of health insurance
plans, policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in health care accounting within
a medical office preferred.
- Knowledge of private billing and collections regulations
- Must be a proactive problem solver, foster teamwork and trust,
be highly skilled in prioritizing, organizing, planning,
communication and staying on track.
- Demonstrated customer service expertise.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance contract practices, third
party billing and billing to private clients preferred.
- Keyboarding minimum 40 wpm.
- Accurate 10 key by touch and familiarity with Microsoft Word
- Must be able to work in a highly demanding atmosphere, with a
variety of personalities within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and
extensive hands-on computer background.
- Must have reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature
and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those
assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes
insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life,
long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education
reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is
dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your
recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Vancouver Clinic is an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Offers
are contingent on successful completion of drug and background
screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding
prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
Keywords: The Vancouver Clinic, Vancouver , Patient Account Representative - Payment Posting, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!