Manager Respiratory Care
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: June 10, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Respiratory Care for a Full
Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $45.66, more
depending on experience.
Responsible for 24-hour, day-to-day operations of assigned
areas; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement
and retention; financial well-being; regulatory compliance; and
patient care within the scope of the Respiratory Care
Practitioners. Serves as a clinical resource for Respiratory Care
for the Hospital. Manages department staff and patient care within
the interdisciplinary team.
- Operates department within approved expense and capital budgets
and within productivity measures (budgeted productive hours).
- Operates department in compliance with JCAHO and/or other
regulatory agency requirements.
- Administers all aspects of staff management and development for
the Respiratory Care department to ensure adequate scheduling,
staff competency, qualifications and professional growth related to
excellence in patient care.
- Oversees the ongoing Quality Improvement (QI) program, which is
organized and responsive to caregivers, so that quality patient
care is assured.
- Provides respiratory care services to patients as prescribed by
physicians in a professionally competent, appropriate, caring and
- Explains pertinent procedures in a clear and concise manner and
addresses questions only within the scope of hospital practice,
while maintaining confidentiality regarding unit or hospital
operations, staffing and other patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care
Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state
- 5 years experience as a Respiratory Therapist required
- 2 years previous leadership experience required.
- Current clinical expertise in all areas of RT function
(Critical Care, emergency, pediatrics, neonatal, medical/surgical)
and familiarity with pulmonary diagnostic procedures.
- Maintain current license as a Respiratory Care
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Must have and maintain current CPR, ACLS, PALS/ENPC, and
- Must be registered with the NBRC.
- Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as
required by the department or as regulated by state or federal
- Computer experience required knowledge of MS Office
applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel) preferred.
- Able to balance information regarding patient, staff, and unit
needs in decision-making
- Clearly able to articulate the decision-making process
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Columbia Network - SW Medical Center:
- Bachelor's degree required upon hire
PHSW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 34% to 65% of
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants,
extreme cold or heat, sharp instruments such as kitchen knives,
scalpels, etc., or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated
exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please
attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative
Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,
state or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Vancouver , Manager Respiratory Care, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!