Circuit Designer I & II
Company: Allstream Business Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
(These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or
without reasonable accommodation)
- Responsible for design planning, MSS Metasolv record creation
specific to Network Optimization and cost savings initiatives.
- Track network expense savings
- Work with Technicians when issues arise.
- Circuit Designers design complex circuits to interface with
other carriers. Implement design circuits for the core of the
- Circuit Designer provides direction in the circuit design
function of the Engineering Department for order for transport and
facilities required to meet identified requirements.
- Coordinates cut overs with Customers when required.
- Correct and update orders as necessary. Tracks assigned orders
to ensure they are being coordinated in timely manner.
- Places transport orders with other carriers.
- Provides support to field operations to resolve complex circuit
provisioning problems; reviews and verifies complex technical data
in an effort to resolve service or order issues.
- Exercises interpersonal skills in working with both internal
and external customers.
- Performs other related duties or projects as assigned.
- Manage workload to identify critical issues and prioritize
those items that must be completed
- Work around obstacles and roadblocks with carriers to obtain
the priority required by Allstream to meet required due dates.
- Participate in operations-related projects, as needed.OTHER
- Perform other miscellaneous duties, including staying abreast
of technology and network solutions and cross training when
- Works under close supervision, both individually and within a
team environment. Work is often complex, requiring logical
application of knowledge and experience. No direct supervisory
responsibility. Performs work in a structured environment. This
position may have a significant impact on short and long-term
customer satisfaction and a direct impact on future revenues.
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
education, training and/or experience.
- 1-4 years telecommunications and/or data networking
- Requires the ability to meet inflexible deadlines; perform
non-predictive multiple tasks; and handle customer conflict to a
- Computer skills including experience Microsoft applications and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of routers and other data hardware. Advanced
knowledge of Data Networking and telecommunications, including
understanding of basic bandwidth and services: DSO, DSL, T1, SONET,
Ethernet, DWDM, TCP/IP. Experience with Routing protocols (OSPF,
(The following are physical requirements of the position as
required by the Americans With Disabilities Act)
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, periodically
bending and twisting and frequently applying a negligible amount of
force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of from 1-10 pounds.
Requires somewhat frequent keyboarding work. Close detail work
requiring visual acuity. Must be able to perform primarily
Experience using Microsoft Office programs and project
management software. Able to apply principles of logical thinking
to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid
conclusion in controlled situations. Deal with some abstract but
mostly concrete variables.
This position description is not intended to be and should not
be construed as an all inclusive list of responsibilities, skills
or working conditions associated with this position. While this
description is intended to accurately reflect the position's
activities and requi
Keywords: Allstream Business Inc., Vancouver , Circuit Designer I & II, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!