RN Cardiovascular - Cath Lab
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Cardiovascular - Cath Lab for a Full
Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.15, more
depending on experience.
Provide patient care by assessing, analyzing, planning,
implementing and evaluating patients following the nursing process
and established standards. Participate as a member of the
healthcare team by communicating and documenting pertinent patient
information and providing patient and family teaching.
- Perform and document age-appropriate assessment, including
patient/family level of participation and ability to perform care
according to identified standards. Assess bio-psycho-social status,
economic, environmental, cultural, spiritual, community and other
factors affecting the patient's optimal health. Establish and
maintain a plan of care in collaboration with patient, family and
health team members including individualized interventions, goals,
outcomes and education and modifying or continuing plan based on
the patient response.
- Provide scrub assistance to physician during invasive
procedures. Monitor and assess ECG and blood pressure and
demonstrate CPR defibrillation technique. Assist with
electrophysiology, mapping and ablation procedures as assigned.
Perform limited blood testing and reporting results. Position
radiology equipment for cardiac cases. Implement nursing and
medical interventions using appropriate resources, skills and
knowledge. Make appropriate referrals and provide patient and
family teaching to facilitate desired patient outcomes. Evaluate
effects of care provided and identify changes in patient
- Communicate and document interventions, patient responses in
accordance with standards. Utilize recognized organization
communication standard. Keep abreast of and comply with
departmental and organizational changes and events through reading
appropriate communications and attending unit and assigned
- Administer medicines and narcotics ensuring compliance with
medication administration policies and procedures. Demonstrate
understanding of effects/side effects and combination effects of
medications. Resolve medication discrepancies as they occur.
- Delegate only those tasks that are appropriate within the scope
of practice of other healthcare providers. Retain the
responsibility and accountability for the nursing care of the
- Identify patient and family teaching needs. Involve appropriate
family members in teaching. Utilize available education resources.
Assist with the orientation and training of technical and clerical
- Follow radiation safety and universal precaution protocols and
report liabilities. Monitor equipment operation and make authorized
adjustments and report malfunctions and maintenance needs.
- Actively participate in 24/7 call coverage. Respond to emergent
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Two years critical care or inpatient cardiology nursing
experience within the last 10 years required. Or minimum of 5 years
critical care or inpatient cardiology nursing experience
- Minimum of one year cardiovascular lab nursing experience
- Experience with electrophysiology procedures preferred (or
equivalent education and/or experience).
- Experience with cardiac vasoactive intravenous medication
- Minimum of two years cardiovascular cath lab experience
required for relief posting.
- Experience with electrophysiology procedures preferred.
- Proficient in sterile technique and operating in sterile
- WA State RN Licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers and Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required upon hire.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical information.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work in a
fast-paced environment independently or as part of an
- Computer skills.
- Ability to teach.
- Knowledge of nursing processes and practices.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic
materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to
blood and body fluids once per day or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining
agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please
attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative
Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,
state, or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Vancouver , RN Cardiovascular - Cath Lab, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!