SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and
certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark
for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS
operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around
Prepare and analyze samples with accuracy and precision in
accordance to SGS' analytical SOPs. Work independently and as part
of a team to meet daily production targets and ensure hold times
and turnaround times are met. Understand and apply basic analytical
chemistry principles. Always follow safe laboratory practices and
maintain a safe working environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare and analyze samples according to SGS' analytical SOPs
using instrumentation specific to the department and analytical
- Perform analytical measurements that are both accurate and
- Work independently and as part of a team to meet daily
production targets and ensure hold times and turnaround times are
- Understand and apply basic analytical chemistry
- Make standards and reagents as required and document work
- Use and update LIMS to track and manage workload.
- Follow safe practices and maintain a safe working
- Work with the Department Supervisor to manage work load
- Apply technical judgment to determine potential problems for
- Calibrate instrumentation
- Process and report analytical results
- Update and load work into LIMS. Use LIMS for appropriate
- Use technical judgment to determine the appropriate analytical
approach for various sample matrices
- Appropriately use lab applications.
- Track instrument quality control.
- Appropriately follow safety, operational integrity and quality
control requirements for the work that is done.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree or diploma in a science field with relevant lab
classes or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or related science field
- Laboratory experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Language Skills: English
- Must be able to perform analytical measurements that are both
accurate and precise
- Must have the ability to read and follow documented procedures,
SOPs, safety rules, and operating and maintenance instructions
- Knowledge and understanding of basic analytical chemistry
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Some analytical thinking and
problem-solving skills are a requirement of this position. Must
have some understanding of process and workflow
- Manual dexterity required. Must be able to perform some
repetitive tasks with accuracy and precision
- Computer Skills: The ability to use common software (i.e.
Excel, Word, Outlook, LIMS) is required
- Experience with LIMS an asset
- Exhibits high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances and
shows respect towards others and towards company principles.
- Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to
balance multiple projects concurrently (with different deadlines)
and arrange the resources necessary to accomplish them.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit,
hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and
you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note,
this phone number is not for general employment information, but is
only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO