What does the Charge Nurse (RN) do?:
In this exciting leadership role at our skilled nursing care
center, you will supervise and direct daily nursing activities and
care of residents under the supervision of the Director of Nursing
and as prescribed by physicians and the residents’ care plan,
ensuring compliance with accepted standards of nurse practice and
Why join the Prestige Care Family in the Charge Nurse (RN) role
and what can we offer you?
* The opportunity to serve in a nursing leadership role, with a
defined career path for additional responsibility and
* We are a 35+ year old, family owned and operated organization
that has a strong promote from within culture.
* The ability to know your patients (we call them residents!)
and their families not just for a few days but long term.
* Robust and comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, vision, EAP, 401k match, employer paid life and disability
insurance, and more.
* Accessible and engaging regional operations and nursing
support staff to bounce ideas off of, get additional guidance, and
partnership to allow you to be a high performer.
In this job, every day you will…
1. In this role, you will be assisting in supervising the
nursing department staff in the daily delivery of resident care,
monitors and schedules job assignments and develop nursing unit
2. Assist in filling shifts by contacting staff to fill in for
3. Provide direct resident care when needed, as determined by
resident condition and available staff, completes treatments and
procedures as ordered by the physician.
4. You will observe and assess resident condition, reporting
changes to physician and Resident Care Manager, administers
medications as ordered by the physician and directs Medication
5. Evaluate resident response to nursing interventions and
alters care plan through ongoing assessments.
6. Complete quality care audits as assigned, ensure equipment
and work areas are clean, safe, and orderly, and ensure strict
adherence to procedures regarding hazardous chemicals and fire
7. Document all pertinent information on interdisciplinary notes
and the 24-hour D.N.S. report form, documents medications
administered, treatments and procedures performed on appropriate
8. Assist with new admissions, transfers, and discharges.
Document all pertinent information on interdisciplinary notes and
24 hour D.N.S. report form, document medications administered,
treatments and procedures performed on appropriate records.
Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to
the residents, employees.
Education Experience you need to qualify:
* Must have a current, unencumbered RN license in the state you
want to practice in.
* As far as education, you will need a RN certificate, Associate
Degree in Nursing, or Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
* Minimum of one year working in geriatric nursing, including
experience with medication administration, delivery systems and
* One year in a supervisory/management position, with experience
with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling.
* Excellent written and oral communication and motivational
skills are essential to success.
* Ability to creatively problem solve in both resident care and
employee management situations.
* Individual must be a team player, well organized, and
Ways you can advance beyond the Charge Nurse (RN) role:
Once you master this role, you could consider the Resident Care
Manager (RN), Staff Development Coordinator, Director of Nursing,
and Regional Support Nurse jobs with Prestige Care.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED – At Prestige, it is our promise to
personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring
based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and
respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed
to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us,
coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and
viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we
celebrate what makes us different.
Prestige Care and Rehabilitation of Menlo Park:
Information about Prestige Care and Rehab Center of Menlo
Menlo Park is located in the Hazelwood neighborhood, just
adjacent to Glendoveer Golf Course, near the junction of I-205 and
I-84. Menlo Park's knowledgeable and spirited team of care
professionals work around the clock to provide the very best
skilled nursing, rehabilitative therapy, short-term and long-term
care for our patients. The team take pride in working together to
ease the transition from hospital to home. Our goal is to help
individuals return to their active, independent lifestyle.
Specialized services help patients who have suffered an unexpected
injury, illness and who are recovering from a surgical procedure.
We do it all with heart and compassion.
Who Is Prestige Care/Prestige Senior Living?
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing +
post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care
communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over
5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have
the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and
respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment
to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer
that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a
healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end
of every day.: