Janitorial Clinic Route Supervisor
Company: Relay Resources
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Not just work. Meaningful work.
People are at the heart of everything we do. Our
mission is to cultivate meaningful work for people with
disabilities and other barriers. By becoming a Janitorial Route
Supervisor, you will join a team that proudly keeps the facilities
and shared spaces in our communities clean, in a safe and effective
way. Our union representatives at SEIU Local 49 have acknowledged
our enhanced cleaning protocols and procedures, sharing them as
best practices for the janitorial industry.
We encourage people with a disability, a Preferred Worker
Card, or other barriers to employment to apply. Please let us
know if you need special accommodations.
Janitorial Clinic Route Supervisor
We’re looking for an energetic and motivated teammate to
provide supervisory support for janitors with disabilities and
barriers at multiple sites in downtown Portland and other contracts
in surrounding areas. In this role, you will be providing direct
support to janitorial staff, while managing communication between
customers, management, and support staff.
- $22 - $25/hour, depending on experience
- Full-time benefits, including: medical, dental, 403(b)
retirement plan, life insurance, and mileage reimbursement.
Relay pays 100% of an employee’s medical, dental, and vision
- Enjoy paid time off, paid sick days and paid holidays
What you’ll do
- Working hours will generally be Monday - Friday, 4:00PM -
12:30AM (with occasional weekend work and schedule flexibility
required based on customer needs)
- Location will be at several sites occupied by the City of
Portland and State contracts
- Support, train and mentor 20+ janitors with disabilities and
barriers to ensure success and engagement at multiple
- Maintain positive communication between customers, management
and support staff
- Conduct site inspections to ensure quality standards are
- Understand and apply budget constraints related to
- Develop and implement work schedules and ensure coverage
- Willingness to perform janitorial tasks when necessary
Why you’re a great fit
We know that experience is gathered in many ways. These
guidelines represent some, but not all the ways you might have
acquired the skills required for this role. If you have a
demonstrated ability to fulfill the job duties but got there in a
different way, please apply.
- A can-do attitude and team spirit!
- 5 years combined education, janitorial operations, and/or
- Experience in a clinical or health cleaning industry is
- Experience working or volunteering with persons with
disabilities and/or diverse populations is preferred
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Some knowledge of contracts preferred
- Physical ability to perform occasional janitorial tasks; walk,
bend, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs
- Strong skills in Microsoft 365 office
- Valid driver’s license, reliable personal vehicle and clean
- Pass a criminal background check to obtain Federal security
More about us
We’re a nonprofit organization based in Portland, OR,
employing more than 700 people in the Pacific Northwest. Our
variety of services includes janitorial, landscaping, document
services, and supply chain solutions, as well as managing
affordable housing. We create value for our community by delivering
quality services to our customers, good jobs to our employees and
affordable homes to our residents.
Relay is one of the largest janitorial service providers in
the greater Portland area. Our team proudly cleans shared spaces
such as the award-winning Portland International Airport (PDX),
Portland State University (PSU), and Portland City Hall.
Relay Resources is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and we welcome everyone to our team/to apply. We are committed to
cultivating a people-first inclusive culture that benefits our
employees, customers, and residents. Relay encourages a diversity
of applicants of all backgrounds and identities including
disability, race, color, religion, gender identity, national
origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, military
service, marital status, parental status, age, and individuals with
a Preferred Worker Card. Let us know if you need a reasonable
accommodation during the application or interview process, or to
perform the job you are applying for.
Keywords: Relay Resources, Vancouver , Janitorial Clinic Route Supervisor, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!