Patient Account Rep - Insurance Claim Edits
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Responsible for working insurance claims having issues that do
not allow the claim to be accepted by the payor. Maintains A/R at
acceptable aging levels by prompt review and resolution of the
edit. Perform all duties in a manner that promotes team concept and
reflects the clinic's mission and philosophy.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Thoroughly and timely work claim edit records in work queues as
defined by policies and procedures.
- Present unresolved concerns to Supervisor for resolution
immediately with related documentation.
- Document account activity accurately and promptly during or
immediately following each processed encounter.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of
- Responsible for the analysis and necessary corrections of
patient accounts as it pertains to clean claim submissions or
- Responsible for maintaining work queues .
- Responsible for telephone and/or written correspondence with
insurance companies for claim edits.
- Responsible for correctly identifying and updating various
types of insurance entry information.
- Maintain basic understanding and knowledge of health insurance
plans, policies and procedures.
- Make suggestions on improving Clinic procedures to improve
billing accuracy and collections.
- Must be accepting of diversity and willing to participate in a
team environment; as well as, willingness to follow clinic policies
and procedures as established.
- Must attend all required staff meetings, in-service meetings
and participate in task force activities.EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in health care accounting within
a medical office required.
- Knowledge of private billing and collections regulations
- Must be a proactive problem solver, foster teamwork and trust,
be highly skilled in prioritizing, organizing, planning,
communication and staying on track.
- Demonstrated customer service expertise.
- Knowledge of government, commercial, and third party insurance
contract practices and claims processing procedures preferred.
- Keyboarding minimum 40 wpm.
- Accurate 10 key by touch and familiarity with Microsoft Word
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Must be able to work in a highly demanding atmosphere, with a
variety of personalities within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and
extensive hands-on computer background.
- Must have reliable and predictable attendance.The above
information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of
work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to
this job.We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which
includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life,
long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education
reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is
dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your
recruiter for more information.Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military
status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or
federal law.Documented vaccination, immunity, or written
declination of vaccine for certain preventable contagious diseases,
including COVID-19, is a requirement of employment at Vancouver
Clinic. Vancouver Clinic is an alcohol and drug-free workplace.
Offers are contingent on successful completion of drug screen,
background screen, and immunization requirements.
Keywords: The Vancouver Clinic, Vancouver , Patient Account Rep - Insurance Claim Edits, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!