Community Prevention Project Coordinator
Posted on: January 9, 2022
General ResponsibilitiesUnder the general direction of the
Prevention Intervention & Youth Services Manager, the Community
Prevention Project Coordinator will manage federal, state and
private grants that support community based prevention coalitions.
This position is full-time, working 260 days (12 months) per year
and will serve the La Center School District.Essential
Functions/Other FunctionsEssential Functions:
- Serves as a staff member for the coalition to plan, implement
and report on prevention strategies.
- Develops and writes, in partnership with coalition members, the
strategic action plan and work plan utilizing the Strategic
- Recruit and retain membership on the coalition and support from
local key stakeholders/leaders.
- Function as a liaison among the coalition members, funders and
other partners and with the community.
- Coordinate regular meetings to ensure implementation of
- Develop and manage coalition budgets in coordination with
coalition leadership and fiscal agent.
- Consult and train coalition members on the strategic prevention
framework and implementing prevention strategies.
- Report on the progress towards goals and objectives of the
strategic plan in compliance with grant requirements.vProvide or
coordinate services, implement activities and manage coalition
trainings with the guidance of the coalition members.
- Work with coalition members to develop and monitor
outcomes.Coordinate community outreach efforts (i.e. Presentations,
newsletter, volunteer recruitment, school education awareness
events, and media campaigns).Other Functions:
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum/Preferred Qualifications &
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Health Education,
Communications, Social Sciences, or closely related field OR a High
School Diploma or GED and four years of experience in Youth
Substance Use Prevention.
- Two years of experience of community based prevention
- Knowledge of substance abuse prevention and prevention science,
community development and mobilization, youth development
principles, and community organizing approaches.
- Ability to create and sustain effective relationships with
community partners, foster and share leadership among individuals
in the community, and build bridges among diverse community members
and organizations.Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Master's degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication; public speaking and
training; group and meeting facilitation; word processor,
spreadsheet, and internet skills; ability to learn new concepts
quickly; and self-motivated with ability to work
independently.Working Conditions/Employment RequirementsWorking
- Travel required within ESD 112 Region.
- Extended or flexible hours as necessary.Employment
- Successful completion of a criminal history and fingerprint
check through the Washington State Patrol and FBI.
- Certified Prevention Professional, or ability to obtain
credential within 12 months of hire.Educational Service District
112 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
- Salary:$58,041.20 to $58,041.20 Per YearJob Category
:State-level Positions > CoordinatorJob Requirements
- Citizenship, residency or work visa requiredContact Information
- Mayra Najera , HR Coordinator
- 2500 NE 65th Ave
- Vancouver,Washington 98661
- Phone: 360-750-7503
- Email: click here
Keywords: TrulyHired, Vancouver , Community Prevention Project Coordinator, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!