Press Operator Assistant
Company: Graphic Packaging
Posted on: January 15, 2022
To assist the Press Operator in the everyday operation of the
press, to ensure that the press is operating in the safest possible
manner, that the quality of the produced product exceeds our
customer's expectations and that performance goals are achieved.
Assist press crews during the make-ready to reduce make-ready times
on all presses. To perform this job successfully, an individual
must obey all safety procedures. Individual must have excellent
attendance, be able to work independently and be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Make-ready/registration, Wash-up of printing presses.
* Feeder operation.
* Troubleshooting printing problems and correcting.
* Comply with safe work practices rules and policies.
* General housekeeping.
* Compliance with quality related procedures.
* Completing required paperwork to accompany each job as well as
labor reporting forms.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Be able to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to interact with customers, co-workers, and managers in a
professional and courteous manner.
* Knowledge: H.S. Education or equivalent, computer literate.
* Experience: Manufacturing experience required.
Minimum of two years Assistant Pressman experience required. (Five
Machine preventative maintenance experience required.
Printing press basic trouble shooting experience preferred.
* Skills: Mechanical, communication.
* Abilities: Good attendance, guide teams/processes, ability to
* Core Values: Demonstrates qualities of our Core Values -
Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships & Teamwork
* Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to
* Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
* Occasional climbing, stooping, bending and overhead reaching.
* Lifting up to 50 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment
* Must be able to work 8 or 12 hour shifts plus overtime as
* Must be able to work any shift (days/swing/graveyard)
* Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box
you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in
North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to
be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the
communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd
love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates
will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job
in question. We do not base our employment decision on an
employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic
information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis
prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the
EEO is the Law Poster.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Nearest Secondary Market: Tacoma
Job Segment: Electrical, Equipment Operator, Compliance,
Engineering, Manufacturing, Legal
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Vancouver , Press Operator Assistant, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!