Company: The Vancouver Clinic
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are looking for an experienced Buyer for our Purchasing
In this role, you will: Be responsible for purchasing supplies,
furniture equipment, signage, medications, and other materials for
the clinic. Negotiate vendor contracts, assist clinic management
with vendor selection, maintain vendor relations, monitor vendor
performance, and facilitate the establishment of product standards
and ensures those standards meet the goals of the clinic.
* Manage requisition process to ensure efficient flow of goods and
* Create purchase orders.
* Arrange returns.
* Manage vendor relations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Proficient with current computer programs used in an office
environment, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access,
* Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis and make
* Ability to multi-task and adapt to rapidly-changing
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent customer service behaviors and presentation.
* Demonstrated skills in dealing effectively with people at all
levels of an organization using tact and diplomacy.
* Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment with
minimal oversight, using high degree of initiative,
self-motivation, and professionalism.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare, or related equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Two years of purchasing experience required.
* Experience with inventory control preferred.
* Knowledge of health care products preferred.
* Experience with contracts and ability to negotiate.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature
and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those
assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes
insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life,
long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education
reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is
dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your
recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Documented vaccination, immunity, or written declination of vaccine
for certain preventable contagious diseases, including COVID-19, is
a requirement of employment at Vancouver Clinic. Vancouver Clinic
is an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Offers are contingent on
successful completion of drug screen, background screen, and
Keywords: The Vancouver Clinic, Vancouver , Buyer, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!