Operator - Screed
Company: AA Asphalting, LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description***Up to a $500 Hiring Bonus!***With over 40
years of experience, AA Asphalting LLC has become the largest
asphalt and concrete restoration company in the Pacific Northwest.
Our customers include public utilities, general contractors,
government agencies, private businesses and individual homeowners.
We currently have nine locations serving Washington and Oregon. As
we continue to grow, we are searching for dedicated and motivated
professionals to join our team!ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
- Working knowledge of screed operation on asphalt paver making
normal adjustments for obtaining proper depth, grade and finish of
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation and
maintenance for equipment assigned.
- Conducts daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections and completes
checklist in Fleetio; checks equipment daily for oil, fluid levels,
damage, and wear areas (teeth, grinder, etc.); fuels and greases
- Recognizes mechanical issues as they develop, takes action when
necessary to shut down and secure the machine to avoid additional
damage, and reports maintenance needed and/or any damage to their
Superintendent, Foreman, and Shop Foreman.
- Loads and unloads equipment in a safe manner by always
utilizing the help of a second person, and ensures equipment is
correctly secured on trailers; trains teammates on how to load and
unload equipment as well.
- Performs non-operator, general labor duties as needed and/or
- Ensures equipment is maintained; cleans equipment to include
spraying down of equipment when needed and practices good
- Able to train others on equipment and general labor
- Follows all safety rules and regulations and practices
preventive safety measures; helps ensure compliance by other crew
members; wears required PPE.QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Class A CDL preferred.
- Follows all traffic regulations.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends and occasional nights.
- Ability to travel to various worksites.
- Ability to work long hours and in all weather conditions.Why
Choose Action Paving & AA Asphalting!
- Full Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Holidays
- CDL Class A Training program**
- Discounted YMCA Membership
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Career growth opportunities
- Family & Holiday company sponsored eventsIf this sounds like
your next position, contact us now! We look forward to speaking
with you!Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
required. AA Asphalting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.AA
Asphalting will require all employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19. This requirement extends to all exempt and nonexempt
employees. We provide an accommodations process for those who
cannot be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons. Proof of
full COVID-19 vaccination by time of hire is a condition of
employment - not a condition of applying or interviewing for jobs
with AA Asphalting.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: AA Asphalting, LLC, Vancouver , Operator - Screed, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!