RN - ICU Stepdown, Full Time, Nights
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Take your career to the next level as a RN in the Intermediate
Medical Care Unit (IMCU) at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical
$10,000 Sign On Bonus for Critical Care Experienced RNs
You choose to work in healthcare because you wanted a career with
meaning. At PeaceHealth, we offer you the chance to learn and grow
in a Mission-driven environment, while providing our patients with
the highest level of care.
This is a 36 hour/week, night shift position; three -12 hour shifts
from 1830-0700. Hourly compensation starts at $42.59 or more,
depending on RN experience.
About PHSW IMCU:
* 30-bed Intermediate Medical-Surgical Unit, Phillips monitoring as
well as 12 rooms outfitted for long-term ventilators
* Level II Trauma center serving all of Southwest Washington - one
of only three trauma centers in the Portland area
* Regional Cardiac and Comprehensive Stroke Center
* 85,000 annual visits
* Outstanding team environment: collaborative approach among our
multidisciplinary teams including RN's, RT's, Inpatient Therapies,
Chaplains, Providers and Leadership.
* Incentives for education and professional growth through yearly
education compensation, financial assistance for qualifying
degrees, and additional compensation for advanced degrees and
* Details of the position:
* Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance
with professional practice and unit standards.
* Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards
patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
* Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
* Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to
* Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance
with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
* Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and
* Participates in the development of and maintains established
hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement,
safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
Why you'll love working in IMCU:
* 12-hour shifts with flexible scheduling
* 3:1 and 4:1 assignments
* Didactic education courses specific to Intermediate Care
* Potential for extra hours and incentives
* Highly engaged leadership team as part of the Critical Care
* Strong team-oriented unit with emphasis on staff and patient
* Unit-Based Council that allows your opinions and ideas to be put
* Opportunities and incentives for higher education
What you bring:
* Current Washington RN licensure required by date of hire.
* American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers required
by date of hire.
* Acute RN experience required unless position is designated for
New Grad Residency Program.
* Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a
2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the
final dose prior to start date.
Why choose PeaceHealth:
* Relocation package for candidates moving to the area.
* Starting wage of $42.59 an hour (more depending on
* 15% differential for per diem positions.
* Great shift differentials (up to $6.25/hr).
* Additional pay for BSN, MSN, DPN and advanced certifications
* Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off for
* Tuition Assistance for eligible caregivers.
* PTO with no waiting period for Part/Full Time.
* Professional practice support.
* Collaborative team environment.
To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver
community, please visit our homepage www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this
three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Would you like to learn more before applying? Please contact Erica
Carr, Recruiter, at [email protected]
Physical/Cognitive Requirements: Work requires active physical
exertion up to 33% of the time; ability to lift objects weighing 80
lbs. or less; work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat,
poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated
exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; and
duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention
to detail (more than 65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is a non for profit, Catholic Health Care System with
10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities
throughout the Washington, Oregon and Alaska. We value our
communities and provide care in a holistic manner following our
core values of respect, stewardship, collaboration, and social
justice truly that are embedded in each and every caregiver working
at PeaceHealth. Come join the team!
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Vancouver , RN - ICU Stepdown, Full Time, Nights, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!