Part-time Campus Security Officer
Company: Clark College
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time,
temporary Campus Security Officer. This position is responsible for
the safety and security of the Clark College campus by performing
the duties and responsibilities listed below. Hours for this
position are approximately 16 hours per week and may vary based on
At Clark, we value equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are
committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Enforce campus regulations and local, state, and federal
* Patrol the campus by walking, biking, gas/electric cart, patrol
vehicle, to enforce college policy and procedures.
* Check buildings and grounds for disruptive people, fires,
property damage and other irregularities.
* Protect the safety of students and college employees and their
* Respond to emergency calls including fire alarms and medical
* Prepare incident reports utilizing computerized systems.
* Enforce college parking and traffic regulations.
* Provide service to the college community including building
access, parking lot escort, and motorist assistance.
* Operate equipment including radios, vehicle entry tools, booster
packs, gas/electric carts, and patrol vehicle.
* Obtain and maintain first aid/CPR/AED certification.
* Operate as a Campus Security Authority (CSA); Complete all
assigned training in Clery Act compliance
* Provide effective customer service.
* Ability to work well and effectively to communicate with people
of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically
diverse backgrounds both in and outside of the organization.
* Ability to adapt easily to changing business needs, conditions,
and work responsibilities.
* Ability to coordinate with others to share information, make
decisions, and implement solutions to problems or complaints.
* Perform related duties as required.
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials,
including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and
will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current valid driver's license.
- Must possess current automotive insurance.
- Must have no felony convictions.
- Experience in effective conflict resolution.
- Proven record of reliable and dependable work history.
- Sufficient ability (i.e. standing, walking, climbing stairs,
visual and auditory observation, and communication skills) to
perform general duty security work.
- One year experience in a security or law enforcement
environment, or related field.
- Vaccination requirement: Per Washington State Proclamation
21-14.1: college employees must be fully vaccinated. Your COVID-19
vaccine status must be validated by the Human Resources office
prior to the commencement of work. Requesting a disability or
religious exemption would be done through the Human Resources
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
- Willingness to work all shifts, including swing shift,
graveyard, and weekends and at multiple campus sites.
- Willingness and ability to walk for extended periods of
- Willingness to work as a contributing member of the
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically,
culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible in work hours if
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal
record history will be conducted. Information from the background
check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be
considered in determining the applicant's suitability and
competence to perform in the position.Salary/Benefits:
Starting Salary: $21.46/hour
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Priority consideration
given to completed application materials submitted online by July
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Clark College online application
- Current resume, with a minimum of three (3) references
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online
application processPlease apply online at
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360)
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with
disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources
at (360) 992-2105 or by video phone at (360) 991-0901.
Our Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports
individuals with their academic, personal, and professional
development, as well as provides training and educational resources
for all members of the college community around diversity,
inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social
justice. The college offers further professional development for
our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource
Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution
Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color
Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and Educator. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to
apply. Clark College provides equal opportunity in education and
employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged
veteran or military status, citizenship, immigration status or use
of a trained guide dog or service animal. Prohibited sex
discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct
of various types). The college considers equal opportunity,
affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the
mission, vision and values of the college. All faculty and staff
hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually
support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our
community. The college provides reasonable accommodations for
qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal
Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to
handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II
and Title IX, and Affirmative Action: Gerald Gabbard, Director of
Labor and Compliance, 360-992-2317, , 1933 Fort Vancouver Way,
Baird 142, Vancouver, Washington 98663. Clark College is a
smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement
does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and
or modified without notice.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital
concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention
advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies
concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on or near
college property, and crime statistics for the most recent 3-year
period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety
Department, (360) 992-2133 or . The most recent Annual Security
Report, written in compliance with the Clery Act, can be reviewed
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and
documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the
Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
July 12, 2022
Keywords: Clark College, Vancouver , Part-time Campus Security Officer, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!