Visual Inspector, Rough Casting
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Posted on: August 4, 2022
ORE - Shift 2 ($.55) (United States of America - Oregon)
A BRIEF OVERVIEW
The Operations Technician II, Manual Production performs various
operations including but not limited to straightening, buffing, and
grinding on parts to achieve the required dimensional
specifications. They are also cross-trained on and can perform
numerous operations within manual production without
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform Visual & Dimensional Inspection of castings per tech
card using appropriate tools including, but not limited to; hand
grinding equipment, measuring tools.
- Confirm discrepancies using appropriate tools including, but
not limited to calipers, pin gages, measuring instruments and
surface profilometers as required.
- Rework discrepancies as allowed by tech card using appropriate
tools, route to salvage operations as necessary with required
- Review rework and scrap castings with department lead as
- Identify and record as "Scrap" all castings that do not meet
customer specifications after rework.
- Route "Scrap" castings to designated area.
- Complete proper documentation as required including, but not
limited to, process routing card, salvage router, scrap tags,
dimensional reports, etc.
- Perform or assist in performing training of personnel as
directed by the department supervisor or lead.
- Use hand truck, pallet jack, carts and tables to safely
- Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material and any
unusual conditions to the department supervisor or lead.
- Follow designated safety rules and regulations.
- Support Lean Manufacturing and EHS initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department
Supervisor or Lead.
- 1+ Year of Prior Relevant Experience (Required)
- Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position -
- Must be able to move about the inside of the building -
- Must be able to move equipment around the building -
- Must be able to position oneself and move under/around/over
equipment - Occasionally
- Must be able to handle/adjust/inspect/position various items
and equipment - Constantly
- Must be able to communicate and exchange information with
others - Frequently
- Must be able to perform tasks that require repetitive
handling/adjusting/inspecting/positioning of items and equipment -
- Noise - Occasionally
- Blueprint Reading - Working Experience
- Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Visual Quality Assurance - Working Experience
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Basic Knowledge
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Basic Knowledge
- Final Inspection - Working Experience
- Inspection Knowledge - Working Experience
- GD&T - Working Experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Vancouver , Visual Inspector, Rough Casting, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!