Reach Lift Operator
Posted on: August 4, 2022
The Reach Lift Operator is responsible for moving products within
the warehouse. A forklift operator at UNFI is required to have a
strong understanding of their lift, the loads they are carrying,
productivity measures, and safety procedures.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Reports to the shipping office at the beginning of each shift
for the daily assignment, vehicle inspection sheet, and
replenishment discrepancies sheet.
- Inspects assigned lift and completes vehicle inspection
- Replenishes pick slots using the view request screen. If no
requests exist, uses the manual replenish screen to fill empty or
almost empty slots.
- Performs knockdowns for selectors when needed.
- Maintains correct counts and logs any discrepancies in
- Verifies that the correct product is being put in the
appropriate pick location.
- Cuts and removes shrink wrap from all knockdowns.
- Removes all empty pallets from pick locations and aisles.
Separates the good, bad, and blue pallets and neatly stages in
pallet staging area.
- Operates the lift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and
procedures, as appropriate for the location.
- Prior lift experience preferred
- Experience in shipping/receiving is required
Compensation / Benefits:
- Reach - Lift Operator Pay is $21 / Hour; Schedule depends on
availability; Ridgefield DC is fully operational Sunday -
- Paid time off - Accrual that begins on day one of employment;
Associates are eligible to use their PTO after 90 days of
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short-term
disability are other benefits Full-Time Associates will receive
after 30 days of employment
- 401K with a company match of up to 50% and tuition
reimbursement after 6 months
- 25% discounts on wholesale purchases and access to our on-site
- Daycare assistance and Internal promotional opportunities after
6+ months of successful employment
- Must have strong knowledge of all warehouse procedures and
- Basic knowledge of purchasing and inventory procedures and
- Understand procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a
more global understanding of all processes.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
one or two-step instructions and to deal with ordinary,
- Ability to perform fundamental math skills, including adding;
subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two-digit numbers; the four
basic arithmetic operations with money; and operations with units
such as inch, foot, yard; ounce, and pound
- Must be able to safely lift up to 75 pounds continuously as
well as a pick with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to work in a range of temperatures from -10 to
- Must meet a 3-month probationary period.
- Experience in a large warehouse/distribution company
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
Keywords: UNFI, Vancouver , Reach Lift Operator, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!