Relief LPN - Residential Care - $2000 sign on bonus!
Company: Albertina Kerr Centers
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location Multnomah County - Portland,
ORPosition Type Full Time (30+ hours per week)Education Level 2
Year DegreeSalary Range $36.23 - $36.23 HourlyTravel Percentage
NoneJob Shift All ShiftsJob Category IDD Residential Care We're
seeking a Relief Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)for our neighborhood
group homes for people with developmental disabilities. As a
ReliefLPN, you'll be responsible for providing nursing care to the
adults served in our group home, including administering
medications and treatments, administering tube feeding, monitoring
vital signs and general health of persons served, taking doctor's
orders, providing input for nursing plan of care and individual
support plan, and other and related tasks. As a Relief LPN for
Multnomah County, you'll support all shifts, primarily working days
and evenings in this full-time position with an estimated 30-32
hours per week.Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and
developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other
social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full
potential.Join Our Team. Get a $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!All Kerr
employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the
requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to
beginning work.Essential Duties
- Monitor health issues of people served and follow protocol and
procedures as needed.
- Pass medications and provide treatments according to Dr.s
orders and be familiar with side effects. Tube feed as prescribed.
Assure that documentation is complete and correct.
- Advise LES and PRN to ensure consistent care and that peoples
rights are met.
- Follow programs developed by Behavior Specialist, Speech
Pathologist and other consultants and specialists.
- Perform personal care duties.Benefits
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term
- Paid internal training and career development
- Paid holidays and generous time off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to 4% employer
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources
for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public
Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)Qualifications
- Current Oregon license as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Working knowledge of medication usage and side effects.
- Good math, verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Experience working with people with disabilities
- Ability to relate effectively with people served.
- Ability to meet agency driving requirements and pass criminal
- Ability to lift over 25lbs. Ability to push of pull in excess
of 75 lbs.
- Ability to stand or move about; use of arms raised in an
unsupported position; periods of twisting from side to side at the
waist; perform similar repetitive hand operations or other
fatiguing demands for over five hours per day.Required
Keywords: Albertina Kerr Centers, Vancouver , Relief LPN - Residential Care - $2000 sign on bonus!, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!