Alcohol and Drug Counselor, CADC - $3000 Signing Bonus
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Close Date: Open Until Filled
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing
comprehensive services to single adults and families in the
Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and
addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet
our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal
and community transformation.
CCC's Blackburn Center is seeking to hire full time Alcohol and
$3000 hiring bonus for this position!
Schedule: Two shifts available. Monday-Friday,1st shift at
8:00am-4:30pm, 2nd shift starts approx. 12:00pm-8:00pm.
The Blackburn Center is an innovative program that offers
integrated housing, health care, and employment services with the
long term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how
these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable
As an Alcohol and Drug Counselor, you will be a member of a
multi-disciplinary team at the Blackburn Center to deliver
comprehensive, person-centered, integrated services to the Portland
Eastside community. The SUD Counselor works as a member of a
treatment team providing substance abuse treatment and case
management. The team works to address all treatment needs,
including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, physical
health management, mental health management, DUII, accessing
affordable housing, accessing employment and educational
Duties to include:
- Conduct screening and assessment of potential clients to
determine treatment needs, placement, and diagnosis; develop an
individualized treatment plan to reflect these
- Early engagement, stabilization, care coordination, solution
focused interventions and harm reduction work.
- Participate in direct treatment of clients
- Conduct treatment groups and provide individual counseling as
- May facilitate outpatient treatment groups for driving under
the influence (DUII).
- Work as a member of the CCCRC multi-disciplinary team to
deliver comprehensive, client centered and trauma informed
- Document client services in electronic health records within 72
- The following requirements for CADC:
- A&D Counselor I requires CADC I
- A&D Counselor II requires CADCII
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by
- Must have current CPR certification or obtain before start
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge and skills in
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge and skills in
evidence-based treatment methods utilized in the treatment of
addiction and trauma-informed care.
- Knowledge and skills in de-escalation methods and crisis
intervention or ability to be trained in de-escalation
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of community and social
service agencies with the ability to provide case management
services as needed.
- Preferred understanding of specialized DUII system requirements
as set forth by the State and referral sources.
- Preferred experience providing DUII/DCJ compliant treatment
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and DHS/ criminal
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits
package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan which provides up to 4 weeks of PTO
accrual in the first year. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with competitive
employer match with 4.75% in the first year, 6% in the second year,
and 8% in the 3rd year.
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and
commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes
post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow
Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those
legal at the state level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Central City Concern, Vancouver , Alcohol and Drug Counselor, CADC - $3000 Signing Bonus, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!