RCP Housing Specialist- $3,000 Hiring Bonus
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing
comprehensive services to single adults and families in the
Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and
addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet
our mission to end homelessness through outcome-based strategies
which support personal and community transformation.
CCC's Blackburn Center is seeking a Housing Specialist for the
Recuperative Care Program!
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
$3,000 Hiring Bonus!
The Blackburn RCP Housing Specialist works as a member of a
multi-disciplinary team to assist participants in the Recuperative
Care Program with identifying, securing, and moving into affordable
permanent housing, transitional or other placement options when
they are discharged from RCP. RCP works with partner hospitals and
referring agencies to provide recuperative care for both the acute
and ongoing medical needs of patients and also providing short-term
emergency supportive housing, crisis management, referral to
appropriate substance abuse, physical health, and mental health
treatment, access to benefits and entitlements, appropriate and
affordable housing, and further provide solutions to
ending-homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency.
As the Housing Specialist, you will coordinate with case management
staff and in collaboration with community partnerships on the
development and execution of housing and treatment plans.
Duties will include:
- Work as a member of the Blackburn Center multi-disciplinary
team to deliver comprehensive, client centered and trauma informed
- Actively participate in the integration of services at the
Blackburn Center and identify new opportunities to improve
collaboration between and within service and care teams while
carefully following information-sharing guidelines.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement within
Blackburn Center workflows and logistics. Participate in review of
Blackburn Key Performance Indicators; review and contribute to
continuous improvement opportunities and plans.
- Build understanding of and appreciation for diversity among
Blackburn Center clients and support their connection to culturally
responsive and culturally specific services as requested.
- Pursue affordable housing options RCP program participants both
inside and outside the Central City Concern system.
- Work with other Recuperative Care and Blackburn Center staff to
support the appropriate and effective use of primary care and
specialty follow-up care.
- Assist program participants in completing all appropriate forms
for obtaining housing.
- Attend housing and placement-related meetings required in order
to best work with landlords, resident services and building
- Track all necessary documents such as housing applications,
lease agreements and other housing forms for RCP patients.
- Provide support to some program participants placed in the
community as needed for a period of time post-RCP.
- Advocate for program participants when necessary; attending
meetings such as landlord/tenant meetings or court.
- Become knowledgeable of landlord tenant law, Shelter-Plus Care
voucher system, Section-Eight, and any other programs as deemed
- Help patients move, secure furnishings and supplies, and/or
make improvements to their dwelling to support housing
- At least two years' experience working in
pre-hospital/post-hospital setting and low-income housing.
Extensive experience working with individuals experiencing mental
health and addictions issues is preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain Healthcare Provider CPR/First
Aid certification by first day of employment.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
- Demonstrated ability to build & maintain relationships with
community partners including but not limited to Home Forward,
Housing & Urban Development, Portland Housing Bureau, and/or
property management companies.
- Must have an understanding of the causes of homelessness,
medical and psychosocial sequelae, and the systems and processes
used to help patients secure and maintain stable housing.
- If in recovery, must be currently clean and sober.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits
package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at
the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match
of 4.25% in your 1 st year, 6% in the 2 nd year, and 8% in your 3
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and
commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes
post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow
Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those
legal at the state level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: adult, behavioral health, cell, clinical,
domestic, field, mental health, msw, rww, youth
Keywords: Central City Concern, Vancouver , RCP Housing Specialist- $3,000 Hiring Bonus, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!