Company: SELF - Support for Early Learning & Families
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Title: * Assistant Cook
*Employment Status: * Part-Time (0.5 FTE)
*FLSA Status: *Non-exempt
*Reports to: *Center Director
*Supervises: * -
*Offering New Employee Bonus! $200 after successful completion of
60 days of employment.*
* Paid Holidays
* Discounted child care
* Employee Assistance Program
* $10,000 Basic Life Insurance
* Quarterly passes to Columbia Sportwear and Adidas employee
*Who are we: *
We're a nonprofit organization founded in response to the question,
"How can we work to improve opportunities for our community's
children?". This question is at the heart of the work that we do.
We believe that the answer to this question is through building
environments where children can learn and develop themselves
through play. By playing, our children learn about the world and
how they relate to it, giving them the foundation needed to
How do we do this? We work in partnership with the Educational
Service District (ESD) 112 to staff and facilitate numerous
childcare centers in the southwest Washington area. Our programs
are designed to support children at ages ranging from birth, to
preschool, to school age. We have program types to support children
of all backgrounds and needs.
You may be wondering what joining our team really means for you.
Aside from getting to play with children all day, you go home at
the end of the day knowing that your work is directly impacting the
lives of those children by readying them for school and enriching
their lives. You'll be part of a team that values connection,
accountability, and innovation. We pride ourselves on fostering a
community that helps our mission by helping each other.
If you are passionate about uplifting young minds and wish to make
an impact that expands outside of the classroom, we would love to
have you join our team!
*General Description of Position: *
Under the supervision of the Center Director, and the direction of
the lead cook, the Assistant Cook is responsible for the safe
preparation, delivery, and serving of food. They are accountable
for cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities, record
keeping and other related duties as required in accordance with
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Child and Adult Care Food
Program (CACFP) regulations, the Office of Superintendent of Public
Instruction (OSPI) and other applicable federal, state and local
regulations and guidelines.
*Qualifications and Skills: *
* High school diploma or GED.
* 18 years of age or older.
*Essential Functions: *
* Provide food service to children and staff; incorporate family
input and address cultural and dietary needs.
* Deliver food to child care centers in a safe and timely
* Evaluate menus for appearance and children's acceptance;
introduce new foods on the menu in positive and creative ways.
* Make nutritionally equivalent substitutions in menus following
* Maintain food production records according to state and federal
guidelines and maintain procedures in the storage, preparation, and
service of food: report safety hazards to manager.
* Comply with WA State Department of Health sanitation
* Establish a routine cleaning schedule that complies with state
and federal regulations.
*Physical/Strength Requirements: *
* Regular attendance during scheduled work hours.
* Requires the ability to move or traverse about inside the office
to access file cabinets, office machinery, center activities,
* Moderate or frequent exposure to loud noises, outside weather
elements, and temperature changes.
* Lifting requirements include the ability to exert up to 50 pounds
of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10
pounds constantly to move objects, including the human body.
* Job involves sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying,
reaching, grasping, bending, stooping, crouching, pushing, and/or
pulling. Position involves physical mobility with or without
reasonable accommodation to perform essential functions of the
*Employment Requirements: *
* Successful completion of a portable background check (PBC) and
clearance through the Department of Children Youth and Families
prior to working in program.
* Participation in Washington's State Training and Registry System
(STARS) program required.
* Valid CPR certification including child/infant prior to working
* Valid Food Handler's Card required prior to working in
* Negative TB test completed within the previous twelve months
prior to working in program.
* Initial health exam completed by medical provider showing you are
free from communicable diseases.
* Documentation showing immunity to Measles, Mumps, & Rubella
(MMR), either vaccination records or results of a Titer test prior
to working in program.
* Completion of HIV/Blood Borne Pathogens training prior to working
* Provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or have an approved
medical/religious exception on file.
* Valid Oregon or Washington State driver's license, a record of no
DWI convictions or other violations which have resulted in the
suspension or revocation of a driver's license in the preceding
three years, and proof of automobile insurance as mandated by
Washington State law.
*SELF is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Location: 12214 SE MILL PLAIN BLVD STE 203, Vancouver, WA 98684
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.20 - $15.45 per hour
* No experience needed
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* How did you hear about us? If you were referred by a current
employee, please share their name.
Work Location: One location%58445979%
Keywords: SELF - Support for Early Learning & Families, Vancouver , Assistant Cook, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!