Supportive Transitions & Stabilization (STS) Supervisor
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Central City Concern (CCC) is an innovative nonprofit agency
providing comprehensive services to single adults and families
impacted by homelessness, poverty, and addictions in the Portland
metro area. We hire skilled and passionate people to meet our
mission to end homelessness through innovative outcome-based
strategies that support personal and community transformation.
This STS Supervisor position is responsible for maintaining the
efficient operation of the Supportive Transitions for Stabilization
(STS) Program. This position works in tandem with the other
supervisors in the supportive housing team to ensure seamless and
coordinated care for the clients as well as overall support to the
STS team. This position works closely with the Service Coordination
Team (SCT), the Behavioral Health Unit (BHU), Multnomah County
Parole and Probation, CCC Employment, Healthcare, and CCC Housing
to ensure excellence of services provided to those they serve.
- Coordinate and monitor the daily operation of the program(s)
including, but not limited to,
- Ensure adequate staffing and coverage
- Coordinate operations with other co-located programs.
- Responsible for overseeing and supervising staff within the STS
program and front desk staff within the HRR program.
- Identifying vacancies, working with HR to post for positions,
interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of staff for the programs.
- Managing the performance of staff, providing feedback and
evaluations, coaching, and providing disciplinary action as
- Reviewing requests for, and approving or denying, time off and
- Manage the staff of STS Program along with HRR Case Manager
- Plan and facilitate regular staff meetings and incidental
meetings as needed.
- Maintain effective communication with all program staff and
- Oversee appropriate management and maintenance of client
- Communicate and work closely with the Service Coordination Team
and provide record-keeping regarding referrals.
- Monitor program compliance with all CCC policies and procedures
and contractual requirements. Implement new policies and procedures
when they are approved. Independently develop and implement
additional policies and procedures to ensure effective
- Participate in setting goals and objectives for the program,
facilitating the achievement of those goals, evaluating progress,
and modifying processes and/or objectives based on objective
- Provide oversight of the utilization of internal housing
- Assist in managing all incoming referrals and placements in
partnership with internal and external partners.
- Respond promptly to all external and internal partners as
needed and assist with resolving any complaints.
- Ensure quality customer service throughout the program.
- Participate in compliance, quality assurance, and quality
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy and security
regulations applicable to the program and to CCC policies and
agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. This
includes immediately reporting any breach of protected health
information or personal identifying information of any person
receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the CCC
Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED required. Bachelor's degree in a relevant
- CADC I preferred.
- Supervisory or relevant leadership experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in case management and housing
services working in mental health, addiction programs, and/or
homeless services programs.
- Understanding of a Housing First and Stages of Change model of
- Understanding of Addictions Programs.
- Must embrace the mission and philosophy of recovery and
- Must be able to proficiently use the following computer
programs: Word and Excel; HMIS and YARDI experience desirable.
- Must possess a current driver's license, access to a vehicle,
and qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City
Concern's Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial driver's
training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued
recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage
of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability
- Must have the physical ability to walk, bend, stoop, twist,
kneel, reach, squat, pull, and lift up to 25 lbs., climb stairs
several times a day, and stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to adhere to Central City Concern's drug-free
workplace encourages a safe, healthy, and productive work
environment and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Work Place Ace
of 1988. An employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully
manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled
substance or alcohol.
- Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use.
The cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
- Must adhere to the agency's non-discrimination policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients
with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political
affiliations, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual
orientations and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at
the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match
of 4.25% in your 1 st year, 6% in the 2 nd year, and 8% in your 3
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short-Term Disability, AND Long-Term
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14,
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for
Central City Concern is a second-chance employer and complies with
applicable laws regarding the consideration of criminal background
for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual
requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC
to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to
address prior criminal convictions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Central City Concern, Vancouver , Supportive Transitions & Stabilization (STS) Supervisor, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!