Company: Tal Holdings
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Our PurposeWe help build better communities.We are courteous.
Create a positive experience for customers, employees, suppliers
and communities.We are the Guide. Help our customers, employees,
and suppliers succeed through trust and partnership.We are
Ambitious. Seek innovative solutions and go the extra mile.We are
Accountable. Act with honesty and integrity.We are Safe. Protect
our customers, suppliers, and employees by cultivating a
safety-first environment.Role StatementThe Category Merchant
specializes in and oversees a specific product category for the
company. Their goal is to increase sales and profitability by
creating long-term category strategies by location, optimizing
product selection, supporting project-based sales strategies,
developing merchandising plans, providing training, and optimizing
the customer experience, all with the goal in mind of making the
TAL locations the best retailer in their markets. This role reports
directly to the Director of Vendor Relations and Category
- Assist Director of Vendor Relations and Category Management
with implementing a strategic long-term plan for the development of
their assigned categories.
- Selection and oversight of category planograms at the store
- Direct merchandising strategy for their respective
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful/obsolete
- Enhance seasonal product sales at all locations with an
intentional sales model.
- Assist with new store and existing store remodel layouts.
- Drive consistent pricing strategies that help maximize
- Collaborate with replenishment team to ensure category is fully
stocked at all times.
- Collaborate with Marketing team on promotions across the
managed product category.BenefitsBenefits eligibility will be
determined based on employment status and plan rules are subject to
- Company paid and voluntary Life + AD&D
- 401k with company match
- Sick leave
- Holiday pay
- Personal cell phone reimbursement
- Other great employee engagement benefitsWho We AreOur
family-owned company is helping to build better communities. At our
home improvement stores located throughout the Pacific Northwest,
we create a positive experience for our customers-pros and
homeowners alike-by providing guidance for innovative, smart
- 3 years' experience in product category management
- Strong knowledge of category management, marketing, and sales
- Experience in store merchandising and layout initiatives.
- Familiar with consumer shopping habits and leading market
- Analytically driven and comfortable using data to inform
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of applications (including
Excel, Outlook, and Teams).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in retail business management is a plus.Physical
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is
- This would require the ability to lift files, open filing
cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may
involve walking or standing for brief periods of
Keywords: Tal Holdings, Vancouver , Category Merchant, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!