Environmental Service Attendant I
Posted on: January 25, 2023
DescriptionPeaceHealth is seeking a Environmental Service
Attendant I for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly
compensation is $15.41 $26.80; hiring rate dependent on
qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of
Collective Bargaining Agreement.JOB SUMMARYThis position is
responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing rooms, floors, fixtures
and furnishings in assigned work area following established
policies and procedures. Also responsible for performing other
miscellaneous housekeeping duties such as replenishing
- Ensure that assigned areas are cleaned and disinfected
according to departmental procedures. This may include dusting;
mopping; vacuuming; spot cleaning carpets; washing walls, ceilings,
furniture, and fixtures; emptying trash; restocking supplies;
washing and making beds.
- May set up furniture in conference rooms.
- Maintain housekeeping cart, restock paper receptacles, replace
sharps containers, and orders supplies essential to the job. Clean
and store equipment properly.
- Respond to emergency cleaning needs or housekeeping requires in
a timely manner.
- In clinical areas, communicate with clinical personnel to
determine priority of cleaning needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year formal housekeeping experience preferred;
experience in hospital or healthcare setting
- Depending on facility assigned to, may require valid drivers
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic computer skillsREGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTESColumbia
- Based on business needs and management approval, sometimes uses
lead access to CareConnect.SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged
periods of standing from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor
ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure
to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Hazards may
include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled
linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close
attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental
Services Technician (EST) assignment.This position is represented
by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one
opening on this posting.PeaceHealth is committed to the overall
wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial,
social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and
comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits
included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage;
403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid
time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with
additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education
reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental
health program.See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity,
Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility
.For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2
doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days
beyond the final dose prior to start date.REQNUMBER: 51532
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Vancouver , Environmental Service Attendant I, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!