Grounds and Nursery Services Specialist 3
Company: Clark College
Posted on: January 27, 2023
$2,827.00 - $3,734.00 Monthly
FT Staff -Classified
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time,
permanent classified Grounds and Nursery Services Specialist 3.
This 12-month position performs skilled gardening work in the
maintenance of the ground and landscapes. The schedule for this
position is Monday - Friday, 6:00am-2:30pm.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are
committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Maintain planting beds to include weeding, edging, pruning,
- Maintain lawns to include mowing, fertilizing, aerating,
- Install, repair, and operate irrigation systems.
- Remove leaves and other debris from the college grounds.
- Keep parking lots and walkways safe, clean, and free of trash
- Apply pesticides and herbicides to plants.
- Operate power and motorized equipment such as weed trimmers,
chain saws, backpack blowers, rototillers, light tractors,
front-end loaders, small trucks, lawn mowers, sweepers, aerators,
sod cutters, and snow blowers.
- Create new planting beds and plant trees and plants.
- Service and maintain tools and equipment.
- Assist with snow and ice removal.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials,
including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and
will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following
- Experience: Two (2) years' experience or training involving
grounds maintenance, gardening, plant care, cultivation, landscape
installation, and knowledge of plant material.
- Tools and Equipment Experience: ability to drive and operate
grounds equipment and tools listed above.
- Communication Skills: effectively communicate with people and
groups from diverse backgrounds and identities.
- Teamwork: ability to work within a team and communicate
properly to prevent duplication of effort.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Vaccination requirement: Per Washington State Proclamation
22-13.1: college employees must be fully vaccinated. Your COVID-19
vaccine attestation status must be received by the Human Resources
office prior to the commencement of work. Requesting a disability
or religious exemption would be done through the Human Resources
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A healthy work/life balance for our employees with the
opportunity for flexible work schedules and remote work depending
on position and college needs.
- McClaskey Culinary Institute offers fast, fresh, and healthy
dining options for students, faculty, staff, and the community. The
space, located in Gaiser Hall, features three kiosks, a
full-service retail bakery and barista bar, grab-and-go items, and
a student-run restaurant.
- Coffee Lounge in Hannah Hall and Clark Cafe in Joan Stout
- Campus bookstore offers snacks, apparel, and specialty
- On-campus childcare.
- Gym and recreation facilities.
- Clark promotes wellness with a variety of different workshops
and events.JOB READINESS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to obtain a Washington Pesticide Applicator's
- Ability and willingness to perform physically demanding grounds
maintenance work that may include lifting equipment and objects
weighing up to 50 pounds, walking, bending, stooping, crawling, and
standing for long periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in all types of
- Ability and willingness to maintain a positive and professional
working relationship with coworkers.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically,
culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary
period and the employee will earn permanent status after
successfully completing probation.
- This position is represented by Washington Public Employees
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal
record history will be conducted. Information from the background
check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be
considered in determining the applicant's suitability and
competence to perform in the position.
SALARY/BENEFITS: $2,827-$3,734/month (commensurate with
qualifications and experience) Range: 34/A Code: 00591K
Successful candidates typically begin at the beginning of the
salary range and receive scheduled salary increment increases.
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick
leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Clark College online application
- Current resume, with a minimum of three (3) references
- Cover letter describing background and experience related to
qualifications and responsibilities of the position
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online
application process Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360)
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with
disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources
at (360) 992-2105 or by video phone at (360) 991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital
concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention
advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies
concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on or near
college property, and crime statistics for the most recent 3-year
period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety
Department, (360) 992-2133 or email@example.com. The most
recent Annual Security Report, written in compliance with the Clery
Act, can be reviewed here:
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and
documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the
Human Resources Office.
Clark College's Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI)
supports individuals with their academic, personal, and
professional development, as well as provides training and
educational resources for all members of the college community
around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social
equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional
development for our employees through opportunities such as
Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute,
Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program,
Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff
of Color Conference.
Clark College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and Educator. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to
apply. Clark College provides equal opportunity in education and
employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged
veteran or military status, citizenship, immigration status or use
of a trained guide dog or service animal. Prohibited sex
discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct
of various types). The college considers equal opportunity,
affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the
mission, vision and values of the college. All faculty and staff
hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually
support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our
community. The college provides reasonable accommodations for
qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal
Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to
handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II
and Title IX, and Affirmative Action: Gerald Gabbard, Director of
Labor and Compliance, 360-992-2317, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1933 Fort
Vancouver Way, Baird 142, Vancouver, Washington 98663. Clark
College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment
announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be
changed and or modified without notice.
Clark College Human Resources
October 26, 2022 (updated)
Keywords: Clark College, Vancouver , Grounds and Nursery Services Specialist 3, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!