91S Stryker Systems Maintainer
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Stryker Vehicles are fast, highly-mobile combat vehicles used by the military to triumph on the battlefield. As a Stryker Systems Maintainer for the Army National Guard, you will be responsible for keeping the Stryker systems functioning to ensure the success of each and every mission.
In this role, you will be supervising and performing maintenance on various Stryker systems and vehicles including: the M1128 Mobile gun system, the M1132 Engineer support vehicle, the M1133 Medical evacuation vehicle, and the M1135 NBC recon vehicle.
• Perform field and sustainment-level maintenance on various vehicle systems to include the suspension systems, steering systems, hydraulic systems, fire extinguisher/suppressor systems, and vehicle mounted armament
• Supervises compliance with shop safety program and use, and maintenance and security of power tools
• Diagnoses and troubleshoots malfunctions
• Supervises and provides technical guidance to junior-grade Soldiers
• Performs battlefield damage assessment and repair
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Engine disassembly and repair
• Repair of hydraulic, fuel, and electrical systems
• Repair and maintenance of armament systems
• Interest in mathematics, shop mechanics, and engine mechanics
• Ability to use hand and power tools
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with auto and construction equipment dealers and farm equipment companies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Styker Systems Maintainer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 17 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT) with classroom instruction, involving practice in repairing and replacing equipment parts.
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
Other Job Information
ZIP Code: 98682
Job Category: Mechanic and Maintenance
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 manager supervisor forman chief Electrical electronics installers repairers commercial and industrial equipment electric motor power tool powerhouse substation relay equipment
Keywords: Army National Guard, Vancouver , 91S Stryker Systems Maintainer, Other , Vancouver, Washington
here to apply!