Project Coordinator 3
Company: Everest Consultants, Inc.
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Title: Project Coordinator 3
Location: Vancouver, WA (hybrid)
Duration: 12-month Contract (with possible extensions up to 5
Pay Range: $38.71/hr to $41.94
Everest Consultants is seeking a talented Project Coordinator to
work on contract assignment with our client in Vancouver, WA. The
Project Coordinator 3 will support managers and Project Managers
(PMs) who are assigned to the various Project Management
departments (PMO Substations, PMO Lines, PMO Telecommunication,
Facilities, & Security, and the Portfolio Delivery Team). This
position will support project work through the full lifecycle for
projects that will expand, maintain, and enhance operations.
Additionally, this Project Coordinator position will serve as
contract lead, providing guidance, coordination, training and
assistance for other project coordinators as they come up to speed
on the critical role of the Project Coordinator. The department is
comprised of self-directed project managers who work in a
collaborative environment and are supported by project
coordinators, financial analysts, and technical subject matter
experts (SMEs). This position requires the ability to work with all
levels of management and must be able to adapt to changing
- Support Project Managers (PMs) by coordinating projects
assigned by manager, from beginning to end, by providing guidance
on the Project Management Institute (PMI) based project management
methodology, best practices, and internal skill development as
requested by and with guidance from the manager, team lead or other
personnel with the authority to do so, including:
- Coordinate activities for assigned projects that enable goals
or objectives to be accomplished within the prescribed time frame
and funding parameters, escalating concerns to appropriate
- Address and navigate politically sensitive issues in a
collaborative and professional manner with federal personnel
assistance and guidance as needed.
- Support and facilitate the following deliverables:
- Assist in Scope Definition and Management by documenting
discussions in project team meetings.
- Assist in Process and System Design requirements by documenting
discussions in project team meetings.
- Provide communication and project management best practice gap
- Support and facilitate the following functions:
- Written and verbal sponsor communication.
- Project team communications and coordination.
- Inter-project team communications and coordination.
- Collaborate with and provide support to the project team,
working to facilitate an effective and efficient project
- Monitor project milestones and schedules to keep project on
track and on budget. Per designated funding type and work order
type (i.e. contractual customer agreement).
- Project Tracking & Document Management:
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of project schedules at
the request of the project manager.
- Facilitate resource commitments from other groups as
- Monitor project milestones and schedules to keep project on
track and on budget. Alert federal staff if there are budget
concerns or if additional time is needed.
- Attend monthly financial review meetings with PM and financial
- Monitor Ready for Intended Use (RIU) dates and report to
- Draft project change logs for the project manager to
- Coordinate and track material per PM guidance.
- Attend update meetings for PM (e.g., 3D meeting) if
- Edit project management plan per PM guidance.
- Track and follow up on action items assigned to and assigned by
the project manager. Know who to contact when action items are
complete, and a subsequent action can begin.
- Track and maintain project documents (on workspace and
otherwise) related to project.
- Coordinate information/status updates with/from project team
and distribute to team members needing the updated
- Request and set-up Project Workspaces, maintain Project
Workspaces, participate in workspace innovation/development, as
needed. Assist others with navigating PM workspaces.
- Coordinate lessons learned per PM guidance.
- Compile lessons learned through project lifecycle and publish
lessons learned at project close-out.
- Mark documents and maintain filing system(s), files, emails and
records in accordance with compliance requirements.
- Meeting Facilitation:
- Facilitate project meetings (scoping, kick-off, monthly project
team, special team meetings, etc.) using Microsoft
- Gather information on meeting agenda topics, create agenda 24 -
48 hours in advance, distribute agenda and other documentation
needed during the project meeting.
- Confirm and set up conference room, Conference call, laptop,
projector, maps, and other meeting materials at the beginning of
- Document discussion during project meetings. Distribute meeting
minutes. Identify/document action Items and decisions made during
- In the absence of the PM, assess the best action to take for
meetings and confer with the manager to: cancel, reschedule,
facilitate the meeting, or notify the appropriate individuals that
a facilitator is required.
- Site Visits:
- Plan and coordinate site visits including scoping site visits,
field reconnaissance visits, by arranging appropriate dates, times,
transportation, lodging and permissions, at the request of the
- Prepare and disseminate documentation needed for site visits,
track and check in documents that need to be returned.
- Take minutes during site visits, follow-up on unanswered
questions and other actions.
- Work Plan Management:
- Assist PM or manager in coordination/maintenance/prioritization
of PM's individual work plan portfolio. Check the status of project
work plan frequently to launch new work quickly as it is
- Check the work plan for accuracy and coordinate updates to
Project Portfolio when updates are made. Coordinate PM
reassignments when needed.
- Support managers with defined scope when new projects are
assigned. Assist PM in creation of Project Management Plan. Update
and maintain Project Plans as necessary.
- Resource Coordination:
- Forecast and request appropriate project resources (people,
equipment, material, etc.) to fulfill project needs; submit
resource requests with other internal organizations.
- Coordinate project schedules (or other reporting information)
for team members and with other groups.
- Develop progress reports, ad hoc reports, spreadsheets, visual
aids, etc. as requested.
- Coordinate resources and outages between project managers when
projects overlap in time or geographic locations.
- Assisting Project Team:
- Work with project manager, the manager and project engineer on
technical and logistical aspects of project design to coordinate
scope of work documents, statements of work documents, step plans,
materials lists, etc. to be included in requests for outages and
design and construction resources.
- When necessary, assist the outgoing Project Manager in
facilitating the successful transition of projects to a newly
- Assist in coordination with outside entities including other
city, state, and federal agencies, utilities and other accounts /
customers, tribes, public, and other stakeholders that are affected
by transmission work.
- Operational Excellence (high level of proficiency to
participate in process improvement teams):
- Assist Project Managers and Project Coordinators with technical
issues relating to reports or other scheduling information with
Microsoft Project (MSP). This may include analyzing data integrity,
processes, and coordination with other groups to determine the root
cause(s) of issues.
- Act as a point of contact of the department's Change Management
process (e.g., develop a Lessons Learned pilot project). Assist
staff with documenting and processing change management
- Prepare and provide technical presentations to Staff,
Supervisors, and Executive Management on the department's process
improvements, software upgrades, other operational excellence
- At the request of the Project Manager, coordinate with the
Tribal Relations Representative as well as possibly arrange
meetings with the client and any Tribal Nations.
- Serve as contract lead, providing support and assistance to
other Project Coordinators (PCs), including:
- Develop training to teach other project coordinators (PCs) the
established, best practice processes and procedures adopted by the
- Teach other PCs the expectations around the Work Breakdown
Structure (WBS) meetings per the new Project Portfolio Management
(PPM) Modernization requirements.
- Teach PCs (and/or others) the art of building project schedules
- Advise / train others how to use the various sites per the
SharePoint Governance requirements.
- Provide guidance to PCs on Report Creation - what PCs need to
know and look for in report development, analysis, validation,
- Provide guidance to PCs on the PC Tools available - what tools
to use and when.
- Provide guidance and training to PCs on monitoring project
milestones and schedules; and, to keep projects on track and on
budget. Per designated funding type and work order type (i.e.
contractual customer agreement).
- Advise PCs on task assignments and the potential for frequent
changes and re-assignments.
Education and Corresponding Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or
Management, Organizational Development, Computer Science or other
related technical discipline is preferred.
- 8 years of experience is required with an applicable Bachelor's
- 10 years of experience is required with a Bachelor's degree not
in applicable fields.
- 12 years of experience is required without a degree.
- Experience should include direct work experience in a project
coordination/ control capacity, including all aspects of process
development, training, and execution. Must be capable of applying a
diversified knowledge of principles and practices in assigned
technical areas. Requires a working knowledge of automated data
- A valid US Driver's License is required.
Skills and Experience (Required):
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Project and
SharePoint, to store, analyze and manipulate data.
- Demonstrated proficiency of the Microsoft Project (MSP) 2016
and the Project Web Application (PWA) environment.
- Demonstrated experience in training development and
- Demonstrated experience in leadership skills.
Skills and Experience (Preferred):
- Experience in the electric utility industry data.
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively document
- Ability to store, manipulate, and organize large numbers of
files and folders using Microsoft Windows networks or other
document management programs.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
Everest Consultants offers the following benefits for this
position: medical, dental, & vision insurance, short-term
disability, life and AD&D insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan,
and a referral bonus program, paid sick/vacation/holidays, and a
health and welfare fringe benefit.
Everest Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable local, state, or federal civil rights laws. #IND
Keywords: Everest Consultants, Inc., Vancouver , Project Coordinator 3, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...